Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 190091 times)

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #375 on: February 06, 2020, 10:32:48 AM » Author: 589
It’s made for really crummy flying weather 2hrs on the plane and still on the ground!

Can only see half of the concourse, the one here is E at ATL.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 10:35:07 AM by 589 » Logged

:lps:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #376 on: February 06, 2020, 12:25:26 PM » Author: CEB1993
Tornado!  :o

This picture is from one of my friends in nearby Charlotte, NC about an hour ago. I’ve been keeping in touch and he has been told to seek shelter in the lower level of his office building. One of the best live photos I’ve ever seen.

This SC and NC outbreak is even worse than I thought it would be. Multiple tornado warnings, road closures, and flooding rains. The news is covering people evacuating local homes and buildings. The line of heavy rain and thunderstorms is “training” over my area and bringing nonstop torrential rain. I hope and pray my friends are okay throughout the upstate SC and the Charlotte area.

The imminent flooding is definitely going to cause loss of life and extreme property damage throughout the region :'( This is an emergency situation and I’m sitting tight for as much as I can and keeping in touch with friends and family.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 12:41:07 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #377 on: February 06, 2020, 12:34:26 PM » Author: CEB1993
It’s made for really crummy flying weather 2hrs on the plane and still on the ground!

Can only see half of the concourse, the one here is E at ATL.

This same system is bringing terrible flooding and multiple tornados in upstate SC and in many parts of NC. I hope you’re flight gets back on schedule! Looks like this massive storm system will be out of Atlanta sooner that it will for me. Please stay safe  :)

It’s been a really strange winter in the South. This is the second severe weather outbreak since January and it’s looking the rest of February is going to be warmer than average and rainy. I’m not expecting any snow or ice at this point in late winter. This warm winter could be a sign of many more severe outbreaks in the spring. Could be a rough season coming up...

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #378 on: February 06, 2020, 09:06:48 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: CEB1993
told to seek shelter in the lower level of his office building.
I might be crazy, but I wouldn't be hiding in the basement or some 'safe room' ... I'd be grabbing the videocamera & heading out to get that thing! LOL

This SC and NC outbreak is even worse than I thought it would be. 
I see there was 10 reports of tornadoes between NC & SC today (plus a bunch for high-winds damage).
Hope you/your family/your friends are safe from all that stormy weather...

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #379 on: February 06, 2020, 10:06:06 PM » Author: CEB1993
I might be crazy, but I wouldn't be hiding in the basement or some 'safe room' ... I'd be grabbing the videocamera & heading out to get that thing! LOL

I see there was 10 reports of tornadoes between NC & SC today (plus a bunch for high-winds damage).
Hope you/your family/your friends are safe from all that stormy weather...

Yes, we’re all good here thanks for asking  :) I had an uneventful drive to and from work and I’m excited to see some sun and much cooler and windy weather tomorrow to dry out. This February severe outbreak and flooding event is definitely one for the history books!

Stop the lamp bans!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #380 on: February 06, 2020, 10:06:27 PM » Author: Cole D.
We might get severe weather later tonight here, but it sounds like it's more just wind and rain than I thought. Since we're not supposed to be under tornado watches this far out. It was quite windy this evening, but no rain, just dark clouds.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #381 on: February 07, 2020, 11:26:21 AM » Author: AngryHorse
We’ve been given 70 MPH winds for Saturday night inland!, that’s pretty unusual here, so I’ve been bolting all the litter bins to the floor at work today!  ;D ;D

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #382 on: February 07, 2020, 04:26:14 PM » Author: suzukir122
@CEB1993, Summer can also be brutal regarding severe weather outbreaks. I still have that feeling that some historic
storms could take place within the spring or summer. Heck, maybe even during the fall.
Here in Ohio, we had a good amount of snow fall and stick to the ground this morning. All of which has disappeared as if
it never even happened, this afternoon and evening.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #383 on: February 07, 2020, 04:37:23 PM » Author: suzukir122
@AngryHorse, 70mph winds is definitely pretty strong. But I've always wondered... does the UK ever experience tornadoes? Or
at least Supercell Thunderstorms? (Big hail, 100mph winds, deadly lighting, UFO base clouds... )

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #384 on: February 07, 2020, 06:00:43 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Some scattered power outages here and in Massachusetts.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #385 on: February 07, 2020, 07:44:40 PM » Author: AngryHorse
@AngryHorse, 70mph winds is definitely pretty strong. But I've always wondered... does the UK ever experience tornadoes? Or
at least Supercell Thunderstorms? (Big hail, 100mph winds, deadly lighting, UFO base clouds... )
Apparently, (and I was shocked at this), but the UK is the tornado capital of the world!!!!, it’s said that more tornadoes form here per month than in the US!, but there is a difference, unlike the massive F5 monsters that touch ground in the US and can last for hours, travelling mile after destructive mile, ours barely last minutes and very rarely from into a full funnel that most are not even noticed!
Some do form though, but only touch ground for a few seconds, and minimal damage is ever done, apart from a few damaged roof tiles!
However, on the 28th of July 2005, Birmingham in the UK, (about 60 miles from us), suffered the worst recorded tornado here doing considerable damage to houses! As for supercells, sadly no, but I would love to see one first hand!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 07:50:30 PM by AngryHorse » Logged

Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #386 on: February 07, 2020, 08:03:32 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Angryhorse, the UK being the tornado capital of the world... I'm not sure I believe that lol
Seems like the UK does get funnels but... not really tornadoes. Also, if there's a funnel, there's a mesocyclone above it.
And if there's a mesocyclone, that's a Supercell thunderstorm. So you guys in the UK do get Supercells, but just not nearly as potent
as the ones here in the U.S, which is why you guys typically see funnels instead of tornadoes.
If it doesn't reach the ground, or barely touches the ground, it's definitely not a tornado lol
I have seen some pretty potent thunderstorm videos shot from the UK in the past though, on YouTube!

Interests:

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #387 on: February 07, 2020, 08:14:24 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Ah, right!, now you have explained the mechanics of them, that makes sense not to call them tornadoes!  ;), it’s just something I remember reading somewhere once!
You’re weather is awesome though, I’m always watching US storm videos on YouTube!, our weather where I am is soooo boring that even tomorrow’s winds will be interesting to watch!,  but would probably be a bit of a breeze to you guys lol!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 08:18:07 PM by AngryHorse » Logged

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #388 on: February 07, 2020, 11:35:35 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
We got somewhere around 6-7" earlier this week...
And another foot today...
I couldn't even get up my street. After getting stuck, I ended up having go back out of the neighborhood, and come back in a different entrance, so I could come down my street (oooh the joys of living on a hill, & the county snowplow truck doesn't come around...)

There's a few more chances of snow in the forecast for next week too.
Tomorrow's supposed to be sunny & a high near 50 though .lol. typical CO weather warm one day, freezing the next.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #389 on: February 08, 2020, 07:07:53 AM » Author: suzukir122
Yeah your weather is definitely a breeze to us here in the U.S, @Angryhorse. By far lol
But one thing I've noticed about the UK and surrounding areas, through out the many, many motorcycle related videos I've
watched on YouTube that have been shot in the UK, you guys see cloudy weather A LOT. Almost every single video I've seen in these
last several years, posted from motorcycle riders in the UK, included cloudy days. Seems like the UK see's a lot of cloudy days,
even during the summer

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies