Author Topic: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it!  (Read 33699 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #435 on: July 25, 2020, 12:29:07 PM » Author: Cole D.
Currently hunkered down in Corpus Christi for Hanna's landfall.  The Weather Channel didn't send Jim Cantore so it can't be too bad  LOL

LOL Be safe!

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #436 on: July 28, 2020, 09:36:53 PM » Author: CEB1993
We池e about to get hammered by a heavy thunderstorm tonight at midnight. I could feel it coming with the thick humidity. I got a cool lightning show as I drove home from work tonight. Flickering like my preheat fluorescents  Cool

Here痴 a powerful cell moving east from northern GA toward my area in SC. The main threat with this one is heavy rain and flash flooding. Glad I知 home for the night!

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents! Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #437 on: July 29, 2020, 05:11:50 AM » Author: suzukir122
No threat of thunderstorms today, from what I've seen in forecast. None tonight either, but some threat to the north of us tomorrow.
Still, so far this year, the weather hasn't been as bad as I thought it'd be. At all... and we've pretty much passed the primary time
period for severe weather. It's not over yet though until winter is back.
So far here, I haven't encountered anything regarding the threat of tornadoes, or any tornadic storms. No storm has been potent enough
for anything like that, at least not here.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #438 on: August 01, 2020, 07:32:54 AM » Author: Cole D.
@Cole D, do you know if there was rotation with the other storm you talked about? If no rotation, it was definitely not a Supercell.
Sounds more like a Severe Thunderstorm than anything.
Speaking of that, we've got thunderstorms heading our way here in Ohio. None of which look severe, but they are still in the process
of developing. That, and we've got high temps, and high humidity today. I work in a couple hours, and I planned on taking my motorcycle,
but I can't due to these storms heading our direction.
I WISH I could view a beach thunderstorm... especially a Supercell one, with the classic UFO base cloud. The most severe a thunderstorm
can possibly become, all in distant view. That'd be awesome.

I don't believe it had any rotation, as I didn't see a weather alert for it. But the winds were very strong, as I'd say tropical storm force wind speeds from that one.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #439 on: August 01, 2020, 07:36:50 AM » Author: Cole D.
Hurricane Isaias is a category 1 storm now, which will come up the eastern coast of Florida tonight and then up the east coast, possibly eventually up to New England by later this week. Hopefully it veer more right, and not be as severe threat other than outer bands of rain and wind.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #440 on: August 03, 2020, 03:57:54 PM » Author: CEB1993
Looks like Isaias is making landfall in South Carolina today! Charleston, SC is getting up to 3 inches of rain and up to 50 mph winds. Myrtle Beach, SC is really going to get slammed with up to 7 inches of rain and hurricane force winds. I知 glad I知 not at the coast right now. Further inland, I have some brief heavy rain in the forecast tonight, but nothing too bad.

I知 expecting this to cause coastal flooding and some beach erosion. Charleston is partially below sea level, so flooding is always a problem there. Watch out for heavy rain and strong winds from SC all the way up to NY and parts of Canada. Stay safe everyone  Wink
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 04:02:51 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents! Stop the lamp bans!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #441 on: August 03, 2020, 07:16:58 PM » Author: Cole D.
Looks like Isaias is making landfall in South Carolina today! Charleston, SC is getting up to 3 inches of rain and up to 50 mph winds. Myrtle Beach, SC is really going to get slammed with up to 7 inches of rain and hurricane force winds. I知 glad I知 not at the coast right now. Further inland, I have some brief heavy rain in the forecast tonight, but nothing too bad.

I知 expecting this to cause coastal flooding and some beach erosion. Charleston is partially below sea level, so flooding is always a problem there. Watch out for heavy rain and strong winds from SC all the way up to NY and parts of Canada. Stay safe everyone  Wink

Here at further inland, we didn't get much to this storm. Sunday had mostly overcast skies, windy and misty as the effects of the outer bands. Not even any rain storms. We did however, have on Saturday evening a  heavy rain, but it only last a few minutes. Most of Saturday even, was sunny, until evening when there were some dark clouds and light rain showers.

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines