Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 190118 times)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #675 on: September 10, 2020, 09:00:22 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Not severe weather but...

Last Sunday it was hot, dry, and smoky from wildfires in the state (plus it ash'ed lightly too)
Same story for Monday (until after dark when a coldfront moved through)
Tuesday it was light rain in the morning, and that converted to snow in the late-afternoon. Yes snow! in the summer! ended up getting around 4" .

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #676 on: September 10, 2020, 10:11:39 PM » Author: dor123
We have now very high humidity (87%) that makes the air feel uncomfortly. I operates the A/C on drying because of this.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 10:20:00 PM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #677 on: September 10, 2020, 10:42:49 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Xmaslightguy... Hot on Sunday, cold with snow showers on Tuesday??  :wndr:

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #678 on: September 11, 2020, 12:14:54 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: suzukir122
@Xmaslightguy... Hot on Sunday, cold with snow showers on Tuesday??  :wndr:
Yep hot (up til Monday evening actually), then snow & freezing Tuesday afternoon/night!
That's Colorado weather for you.

Atleast it knocked the wildfires here down. Down. But not out. If it gets hot/dry/windy again, they may flare back up.

---------
Quote from: dor123
We have now very high humidity (87%) 
ug. yuck.
Drop that value by 90%, and you'll have somewhere in the range of what it was here before the little snowstorm.
(if I remember right, it actually got down to 6% Sunday)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #679 on: September 11, 2020, 09:46:24 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
@Wide-lite 1000, Did you get to hear the tornado sirens? (I doubt they activated near you but I figured I'd ask anyways)
Columbus has those awesome Whelen 4004's as their main tornado sirens, and those are the kind I grew up hearing a lot as
a kid, back when I lived in Stlouis Missouri lol

No  the alerts were for the north side of the county so those were the only ones that went off .  Along with the Whelens , we also have another kind of electronic siren that will also talk to you right after a test . You can hear it right after the test telling you what to do if it had been a actual emergency !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #680 on: September 11, 2020, 11:29:33 PM » Author: dor123
Quote from: dor123
We have now very high humidity (87%)
--------- ug. yuck.
Drop that value by 90%, and you'll have somewhere in the range of what it was here before the little snowstorm.
(if I remember right, it actually got down to 6% Sunday)
[/quote]

@xmaslightguy: The very high humidity, is an additional to a heat wave we have here in Haifa and Kiryat Ata. 6% humidity is a recipe for wildfires.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #681 on: September 17, 2020, 11:38:19 PM » Author: dor123
Update: The heat wave was over, but the humidity is still very high during the evening, night and early in the morning (81%). Today we have fog because of this:

See how the window at my room at my father home, looks like because of the humidity, when the A/C operates at dehumidification mode:

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #682 on: September 18, 2020, 11:15:09 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
The second time from 2005, the NHC will start using the greek alphabet for the rest of the storms when they form in the Atlantic! And TS Beta will possibly impact where I live.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #683 on: September 18, 2020, 11:16:25 PM » Author: joseph_125
The second time from 2005, the NHC will start using the greek alphabet for the rest of the storms when they form in the Atlantic! And TS Beta will possibly impact where I live.

I remember that year, it was the year of the dreaded Hurricane Katrina too.
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #684 on: September 24, 2020, 02:10:32 PM » Author: CEB1993
TS Beta is going to bring about an inch an a half of rain to my area today and tonight. Sally brought some really heavy rain to most of South Carolina last week. It rained nonstop on Thursday Sep. 17 and the wind was quite strong too. There were times when I could see it raining sideways at night against the light of some HPS parking lot lights  8) We got a total of 2.5 inches of rain. Thankfully I didn't have any property damage, though there were reports of flooding roads in my area.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #685 on: October 02, 2020, 10:58:28 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
A couple of cold fronts made the weather really nice from where I live. :)

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #686 on: October 02, 2020, 02:52:30 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Some rain for the past few days to put a small dent in the drought.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #687 on: October 02, 2020, 07:45:41 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
No severe weather here lately...or rain(with the exception of spittering a little one night earlier in the week..not even enough to get things wet) or snow or anything, just more drought lately.
(oh and it did ash just a bit on Wed morning)

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #688 on: October 02, 2020, 09:09:49 PM » Author: suzukir122
Hmm... what's up with the droughts lately? Since I'm a motorcycle rider, I'm not complaining, but even Ohio hasn't
gotten much in the form of rain here lately... specifically Dayton Ohio.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #689 on: October 04, 2020, 10:43:23 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Bright and sunny today, small Chance of rain.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies