Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 190089 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #690 on: October 09, 2020, 06:31:15 AM » Author: dor123
We have a giant heat wave with 36*C (96.8*F) and 10% humidity in Haifa, and all of Haifa smells smoke because of fires outside:
Google Translate article (Original Hebrew article) .
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 07:42:29 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #691 on: October 09, 2020, 11:15:05 AM » Author: HPS_250
We have a giant heat wave with 36*C (96.8*F) and 10% humidity in Haifa, and all of Haifa smells smoke because of fires outside:
Google Translate article (Original Hebrew article) .

Similar situation as much of California, as there are many large wildfires throughout the state. No smoke near me right now, but there was yesterday.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #692 on: October 09, 2020, 04:15:21 PM » Author: suzukir122
It's concerning how there's a lot of fires going on throughout parts of the world. No severe weather here,
but the smoke from fires out west are currently making our skies here in Ohio appear cloudy.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #693 on: October 09, 2020, 04:34:43 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
It's concerning how there's a lot of fires going on throughout parts of the world. No severe weather here,
but the smoke from fires out west are currently making our skies here in Ohio appear cloudy.
Back in September, that happened here.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #694 on: October 23, 2020, 01:16:17 PM » Author: suzukir122
Possible severe thunderstorms forecasted for today. Apparent two waves of storms with the threat of hail, damaging winds,
frequent lightning and tornadoes. Probably the last threat of severe storms for the year, but we shall see.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #695 on: October 23, 2020, 04:34:40 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Little bit nuts weather here at Missouri's local lg branch. We have been having a warm frond followed by a cold front, yesterday's high was 84 but today's is 44
1 :o We also have been having crazy winds because of this, my parents had to pull a few things of the deck so they don't blow away. And it is supposed to lighting snow next Tuesday. Good old Midwestern weather. The four seasons here are Very hot, very cold, and two weeks in between of nice weather. ::) :lol:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #696 on: October 23, 2020, 09:40:36 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Not sure if it would exactly qualify as 'weather', but it would deff qualify as a severe event...
On Wednesday one of the wildfires here "exploded" growing from 19k acres to 125k acres in just one day. The number one factor being high winds. (though the ongoing drought, and lots of beetle-killed trees also contributed).

Took this pic of the smoke plume at sunset from home: (no its not nearly as close as it might look, as I used the zoom)
After dark at times I could see orange glow from the fire in that direction.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #697 on: October 23, 2020, 09:45:48 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Not sure if it would exactly qualify as 'weather', but it would deff qualify as a severe event...
On Wednesday one of the wildfires here "exploded" growing from 19k acres to 125k acres in just one day. The number one factor being high winds. (though the ongoing drought, and lots of beetle-killed trees also contributed).

Took this pic of the smoke plume at sunset from home: (no its not nearly as close as it might look, as I used the zoom)
After dark at times I could see orange glow from the fire in that direction.

Wow, that looks stunning!

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #698 on: October 23, 2020, 09:53:32 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Wow, that looks stunning!

Yeah , until it's in your backyard !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #699 on: October 26, 2020, 06:45:27 PM » Author: HPS_250
Today in Southern CA we have high fire danger weather. The Santa Ana winds came in at 30 MPH with 48 MPH gusts here, and it feels incredibly strong outside. Fortunately there are no fires near me (yet, anyway). The humidity is 3%, dew point -6, and the red flag warning lasts until tomorrow. Not to mention that the air quality was BEYOND HAZARDOUS INDEX today, which has literally NEVER happened before!  :o

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #700 on: October 26, 2020, 08:20:36 PM » Author: CEB1993
We're one of the few warm spots left in the USA right now. Hurricane Zeta is going to bring South Carolina and the rest of the southeast heavy rain later this week. I can feel the humidity building with the system approaching. Even though it's not hot outside, I'm running the A/C a little bit to remove the humidity inside the house.

There's a huge winter storm along with an early blast of arctic air that's reached all the way down to New Mexico and northern Texas. I don't know anyone who lives in those places, but they're going to get a historic early season snowstorm this week. Makes me wonder what's going to happen when this snowstorm will collide with Hurricane Zeta. Perhaps a major severe thunderstorm outbreak somewhere closer to me. I'll have to keep an eye on that  :o

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #701 on: October 26, 2020, 08:22:32 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Been dark and rainy today. Some snow in the north. We are soon to get snow!

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #702 on: October 26, 2020, 09:16:43 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
Today, it was cold and rainy, which is typical for this time of year. Halloween will have a high of 49 degrees!

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #703 on: October 26, 2020, 11:33:24 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Got around 5" of snow yesterday, and its gonna be damn cold again tonight.

Good thing is the mountains got snow..over a foot in some locations, and that has for now knocked down the wildfires we have.
(they're not out yet, but this storm will be very helpful to the firefighters)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #704 on: October 27, 2020, 01:54:29 AM » Author: Lumex120
Less than two weeks ago, it was over 80 F here. As I'm writing this it's 24 F outside and we have had multiple snowstorms. Sometimes, fall and spring are practically non-existent in MN.

Unofficial LG Discord

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies