Author Topic: Taking photos of lit fluorescent tubes.  (Read 2351 times)
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Taking photos of lit fluorescent tubes. « on: July 25, 2008, 02:49:13 PM » Author: Foxtronix
How can I take a photo of a lit fluorescent. All photos I took yet are blurry, even with the macro mode...  ???

lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: Taking photos of lit fluorescent tubes. « Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 08:26:21 PM » Author: lite_lover
Are you using a tripod? The camera may have to be very still to get a clear pic.

The brighter the better.

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Taking photos of lit fluorescent tubes. « Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 08:34:21 PM » Author: Foxtronix
I wanna say that the camera cannot focus the tube when lit (Very handy >:( )

DimBulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Taking photos of lit fluorescent tubes. « Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 05:34:59 AM » Author: DimBulb
Can you focus first before lighting the lamp?

My very first word was LIGHT!

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Taking photos of lit fluorescent tubes. « Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 10:32:14 AM » Author: Foxtronix
DumBulb: Yeah, no problem when the tube is not lit...

Mr. Big
Re: Taking photos of lit fluorescent tubes. « Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 08:07:12 PM » Author: Mr. Big
I don't think he's dum!  ;D
If you have seen my F15T8/WW lit the shot is very clear! I adjusted the exposure first, so it didn't come out as a white blob :D
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Taking photos of lit fluorescent tubes. « Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 05:37:12 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Thanks guys, but finally I found why I can't and it's really simple: I was too close of the tube!  ;D

lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: Taking photos of lit fluorescent tubes. « Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 07:58:04 PM » Author: lite_lover
There ya go!! Hopefully we will see your lit tubes!

The brighter the better.

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Taking photos of lit fluorescent tubes. « Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 08:02:35 PM » Author: Foxtronix
I noticed my camera can't focus at all on magnetic-ballasted tubes, but it works fine with electronic-ballasted tubes. Anyway thanks for your help!

SeanB~1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Taking photos of lit fluorescent tubes. « Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 12:57:08 AM » Author: SeanB~1
Also, try using forced flash, it may help. I have the same issue, and try to get focus on the side of the fitting, as most autofocus has problems with too much light.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies