Author Topic: HELP! Stuck Metal  (Read 1788 times)
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

HELP! Stuck Metal « on: April 11, 2019, 01:32:57 PM » Author: wattMaster
My bulb mold is having some problems. The top part got stuck in the main tube, and the aluminum oxide seems to have caused the jamming. Is there a good way to get it out? Link to the bulb mold

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP! Stuck Metal « Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 10:46:34 PM » Author: wattMaster
Bump!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP! Stuck Metal « Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 11:02:26 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Have you tried heating the main tube, it might expand enough to increase the clearance and allow removal. I don't know if it will work in this case but I done it a bunch of times with cars, from separating exhaust pipes to removing wheel bearings, a little (or a lot!) of heat goes a long way !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP! Stuck Metal « Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 04:34:13 PM » Author: wattMaster
I tried chilling down the inner part with some upside-down compressed air, but it didn't help. I could try spraying the stuck part with a pressure washer or use some pliers to twist it apart. Any other ideas?

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP! Stuck Metal « Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 10:37:13 AM » Author: wattMaster
Push!

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP! Stuck Metal « Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 10:42:27 AM » Author: wattMaster
Force! Any ideas?

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP! Stuck Metal « Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 09:16:22 PM » Author: wattMaster
Explode! I'll post this until I get an answer.

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP! Stuck Metal « Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 10:33:33 PM » Author: wattMaster
Breaking news! I figured out how to get the mold apart (by using the hydraulic press as a vice and rotating the assembly with big pliers)
Bad news! I now have to make a rubber mold instead of a steel one, so now I need a good way to do that.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies