Author Topic: Is it worth it?  (Read 2949 times)
vytautas_lamps

View Posts
View Gallery

My idol is Mylene Farmer, deal with it.

Is it worth it? « on: April 11, 2019, 02:05:43 PM » Author: vytautas_lamps
So, I am presented with a deal that I am not sure is it worth taking: One person presented me with a deal of such: 16 NOS never used duro-test powertwist 4ft tubes in original box, but the person wants 55 euros from me, approx 70 dollars for it. Is it worth taking the deal? enlighten me about my financial choices.  ??? :) Thank you all very much!

New lighting technologies is a pity fest everywhere you look. From LEDs that last only for two months, to a never-ending global starvation of t8 fluorescent tubes.
We shall reinforce ourselves with good old full mercury t12s and HIDs made to surpass one's life, and give them all the middle finger ;

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is it worth it? « Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 02:37:44 PM » Author: funkybulb
due to rarity of Duro Test Power twist.  16 lamps 55 euros is not too bad actually.  these lamps will never be made again. also not every one here on LG own such lamps  it comes out to less than 3.50 euros  apeice.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

vytautas_lamps

View Posts
View Gallery

My idol is Mylene Farmer, deal with it.

Re: Is it worth it? « Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 02:43:45 PM » Author: vytautas_lamps
due to rarity of Duro Test Power twist.  16 lamps 55 euros is not too bad actually.  these lamps will never be made again. also not every one here on LG own such lamps  it comes out to less than 3.50 euros  apeice.
I guess you are right. Thank you for your opinion. I decided that I will take the deal.  :D

New lighting technologies is a pity fest everywhere you look. From LEDs that last only for two months, to a never-ending global starvation of t8 fluorescent tubes.
We shall reinforce ourselves with good old full mercury t12s and HIDs made to surpass one's life, and give them all the middle finger ;

vintagefluorescent

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is it worth it? « Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 03:16:45 PM » Author: vintagefluorescent
I agree with Funkybulb,

That’s a good deal , Once You get Youre hands on those bulbs
You will have no regrets, I own a few , You will like them 👌
migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: Is it worth it? « Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 11:42:34 AM » Author: migette1
These were common many years ago, now as rare as hen's teeth go and buy them if still there would be my advice.

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

valirex

View Posts
View Gallery

street lamp collector and restorer

valirexx
Re: Is it worth it? « Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 01:10:18 AM » Author: valirex
Money come and go but is your duty to save a part of a history,so take the deal and be happy for this choice.

street lamp collector and restorer

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies