Author Topic: Crap Costco Lighting  (Read 1326 times)
DreamLights

View Posts
View Gallery

Crap Costco Lighting « on: July 24, 2019, 11:58:32 AM » Author: DreamLights
Have any of you see the horrible quality of some lighting in Costco!
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Crap Costco Lighting « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 11:17:43 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
They have a combination of highbay LED and MH here, the LEDs are connected to photocells in the warehouse so that when it gets dark enough (lots of skylights) the LEDs come on.  They do cycle on and off sometimes when it's cloudy but overall no major issues. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Crap Costco Lighting « Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 11:59:25 PM » Author: High Intensity
Most Costco's out here are the same story in terms of lighting (all LED, some dead highbays here and there. nothing noteworthy). Except for two stores, the Sunnyvale store, and the Santa Clara store.

The Sunnyvale one is the best-looking one i've seen, while it is all LED, they do a good job keeping the lights in good shape and repairing/replacing LEDs when they fail.

The Santa Clara one OTOH is the worst when it comes to keeping their lighting in good shape. In the store, at least 1/3 of the LED highbays are dead or dying and about 5 or 6 of them have been hit by forklifts. They have also done things like this for example...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 12:03:11 AM by High Intensity » Logged

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Crap Costco Lighting « Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 10:58:29 AM » Author: 589
The 3year old Costco near me was built with and is still full HID. They turn banks of fixtures on and off during the day according to light levels.

:lps:

DreamLights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Crap Costco Lighting « Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 04:11:44 PM » Author: DreamLights
My costco was just retrofitted to LED Ebay lights
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies