Author Topic: NEMA head refractors melted from a fire  (Read 861 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
NEMA head refractors melted from a fire « on: April 30, 2019, 08:53:52 PM » Author: Cole D.
So a couple of miles from my house is an abandoned lot with old buildings. Yesterday there was an explosion across the street from it at a place where they refill propane tanks. Many, many tanks caught fire and exploded, and shot across the street and started more fires. Fortunately nobody was hurt, but about 5 buildings burned down that were abandoned.

In the lot with the abandoned buildings, had two older NEMA heads, that I think were rentals from the electric company. But no longer in use I think they were American Electric, because they had angled arms. There was also an early GE 201SA further out.

Today I noticed the refractors, had melted from the two AE NEMA heads but the reflector was still intact and I could still see the MV lamps in it. I think the GE survived unharmed.

I bet the ballasts are no good either, since it probably melted the windings.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies