Author Topic: Information about old lamps  (Read 1465 times)
halofosfaatti

View Posts
View Gallery

Information about old lamps « on: May 24, 2019, 05:33:00 AM » Author: halofosfaatti
Is there anywhere information about old lamps, how they are made with the complete production process completely explained with all materials documented precisely? I recently searched Wikipedia and noticed that even traditional incandescent bulb is very hard to make, and needs tens of complex processes, for example, tungsten wire doping (potassium) and drawing the wire. This type of information will be very useful, if someone wants to recreate old lamps in future. I have noticed that there are many old technologies with most of the information about them is lost. We need to prevent losing old tech anymore, information is the only way to preserve them for future, physical things age, and eventually become unusable.

Too many things are secret. Only open information can really preserve old technology.

I like fluorescent and other conventional lighting and old electronic equipment. Today's things are not made to last.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Information about old lamps « Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 11:28:12 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I would say that LG member James would be your bet !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Max

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Information about old lamps « Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 09:30:31 AM » Author: Max
+1 -He has the best website on historic lamps around and the most extensive knowledge about lamp manufacturing.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Information about old lamps « Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 10:38:03 AM » Author: dor123
I think you can see some of your wanted information in James Hooker's website: http://www.lamptech.co.uk

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

halofosfaatti

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Information about old lamps « Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 11:39:34 AM » Author: halofosfaatti
Thanks for answers! Lamptech seems to be very good site. I think we have to collect actual lamps and fixtures, but also detailed information about them.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 11:41:14 AM by halofosfaatti » Logged

Too many things are secret. Only open information can really preserve old technology.

I like fluorescent and other conventional lighting and old electronic equipment. Today's things are not made to last.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies