Author Topic: Sylvania Mushroom Lights - The Spaceliter Luminare  (Read 4859 times)
Mst4581

View Posts
View Gallery

Sylvania Mushroom Lights - The Spaceliter Luminare « on: November 09, 2008, 01:20:35 PM » Author: Mst4581
Does anyone have these type of parking lot lights in their area anymore? If so, can you take photos of them and post here. These type of lights also came with red tops on them and I would really like to find a photo of these with red tops. In case you don't know what they look like, I have posted some photos of them from a shopping center that use to have them in my area. Thanks for any help.

http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-26572
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 04:45:06 PM by Mst4581 » Logged
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Sylvania Mushroom Lights - The Spaceliter Luminare « Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 07:40:21 PM » Author: Silverliner
Hey dude, I was the one who referred ya to check out the American City & County archives to find the manufacturer that you found out it's Sylvania. Been a long time, man! Anyway to answer your question I have never seen these fixtures in the parking lots here in Southern CA. There are plenty of old lights in the LA area, but very few parking lots have the unique lights such as the Sylvania Spaceliter mushrooms and the GE Powerglows. I'll keep looking tho.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Mst4581

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sylvania Mushroom Lights - The Spaceliter Luminare « Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 08:43:15 PM » Author: Mst4581
Yes, at least since 2004. Thanks for telling me about American City as that was where I discovered the manufacturer of these light fixtures. Before that, it was driving me crazy trying to find out who made them as nobody seem to know what I was talking about. I did find them in an issue of an American City magazine from March 1967. They were just introducing this new light fixture (The Spaceliter Luminaire from Sylvania Electric Products Inc.). Still the only photos I have of them are the ones that I took from a shopping center here in my area back in 1989. They were all replaced a year later. Every other shopping center that I knew of that had them (at least 4) have all been replaced also. The one plaza that use to have them had ones with red tops on them, those kind I have never seen ever again. They have been replaced as well and I wish I had taken a photo of them at the time. I'm just curious as to how many still are out there throughout the United States?
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: Sylvania Mushroom Lights - The Spaceliter Luminare « Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 11:26:30 AM » Author: prawnman88
i have a few in a city close by ill try and get some shots of them
RichD

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sylvania Mushroom Lights - The Spaceliter Luminare « Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 08:25:56 PM » Author: RichD
I have seen similar luminaries at the Columbus Farmer's Market in NJ. I will try to grab some pics this spring (if I can borrow a digital camera).
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies