Author Topic: Some power poles in my neighborhood being replaced with steel  (Read 1061 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Some power poles in my neighborhood being replaced with steel « on: May 19, 2019, 11:27:51 AM » Author: Cole D.
For some reason, I've noticed a couple power poles in my neighborhood, are being replaced with steel. Dark color, big diameter poles to replace the wooden ones. Two of these poles, had rental lights on them (one Evluma LED the other a Cooper HPS NEMA) and they transferred them to the new pole.

I don't know what the purpose of this is though, since the old poles weren't leaning or sagging.

Also the work is being done by Pike Energy Solutions.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Some power poles in my neighborhood being replaced with steel « Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 01:28:53 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
They've also done that in Fontana as well. They replaced some wood poles with steel. What's odd is SCE (the utility company here) didn't do the work but instead hired some company to do it.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Some power poles in my neighborhood being replaced with steel « Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 02:19:25 PM » Author: Cole D.
They've also done that in Fontana as well. They replaced some wood poles with steel. What's odd is SCE (the utility company here) didn't do the work but instead hired some company to do it.

Same here, the co-op here is having Pike Energy do the work. They also have been putting in new wood poles and wires for Duke Energy too, and I think they did the switched out the GE M-400s near my house with AEL LEDs too. (At least I saw their trucks in the area when it was happening, so I assume they did the work).

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies