Author Topic: Are LED streetlights junk ???  (Read 721 times)
GE101R

View Gallery

Re: Are LED streetlights junk ??? « Reply #15 on: August 20, 2019, 07:43:23 PM » Author: GE101R
Donít use Grainger for pricing reference. Theyíre generally overpriced if you ask me. Better email the source of the item you want to know the MSRP of something.

Streetlights are generally utilitarian in design be it LEDs or classic discharge. Though Iíve seen lights of varying beauty levels. Ugliest LEDs would be the Greenstar Lightingís Galaxy Series*. For HIDs, itís AEís Durastar 2000 series*.

(*Not liable for nightmares caused by them should you decide to look them up.)
Utilitarian and some aesthetic engineering. Look a the old traffic lights compared to the newer yellow plastic. The four way singles were interesting and kind of classic in design.
GE101R

View Gallery

Re: Are LED streetlights junk ??? « Reply #16 on: August 20, 2019, 08:12:21 PM » Author: GE101R
Utilitarian and some aesthetic engineering. Look a the old traffic lights compared to the newer yellow plastic. The four way singles were interesting and kind of classic in design.
It was a quick reference. I know Grainger is a retail outlet when they post prices. Had an account with them when I was contracting and their prices are lower when you buy from them that way.
AngryHorse

View Gallery

Rich

Re: Are LED streetlights junk ??? « Reply #17 on: August 20, 2019, 09:18:25 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Right up there. UK?
Thankfully Iíve never seen any of these in use anywhere in the UK, they are of course Chinese, but Iím not sure if China themselves use this or not?

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy Cheesy

GE101R

View Gallery

Re: Are LED streetlights junk ??? « Reply #18 on: August 21, 2019, 09:14:39 AM » Author: GE101R
Thankfully Iíve never seen any of these in use anywhere in the UK, they are of course Chinese, but Iím not sure if China themselves use this or not?

Haven't seen any here either but I have seen the atrocious A/E NEMA fixture that the post started with.
Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines