Author Topic: Can anyone identify these outdoor light fixtures?  (Read 1886 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Can anyone identify these outdoor light fixtures? « on: June 15, 2019, 10:35:26 PM » Author: Cole D.
My neighbor's house used to have a few of these out on their patio. The glass was rectangular in shape, and the best I can remember the outer part was white and a rectangular part in the middle was clear, and had frosted lines on it. I've attached a drawing I made.

I've never seen these fixtures anywhere, and I haven't seen those since 2006. Because, they built an addition on the back of the house so they are long gone.

I guess I can best describe them as similar to a wall pack but far smaller. I think the back part was metal but the rest of the fixture was glass.

Also I'm thinking they were from the early 90s because the house was remodeled about 1991-92 before they had bought it.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Can anyone identify these outdoor light fixtures? « Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 11:03:42 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Like this?

https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5137&pos=2&pid=159311

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Can anyone identify these outdoor light fixtures? « Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 11:13:53 PM » Author: Cole D.
That is quite similar. These though were about half as long, and the glass was smooth. I should have been better in my wording. By ribs, I meant there were white vertical lines in the glass that looked as if there was a wire cage over it. But it was just white lines on the glass.

I could be a little off because I'm going off of memory and it's been over 10 years. I may have a picture I drew somewhere.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can anyone identify these outdoor light fixtures? « Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 07:07:58 PM » Author: sol
Could they have been these ? They seem to be quite small, 4x10 inches or so. Maximum of 60W incandescent.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Can anyone identify these outdoor light fixtures? « Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 09:36:21 PM » Author: Cole D.
Closer, but I think they were a little smaller in width. Also they were definitely newer, from the 90s. Since lightning makers seem to copy designs, they well could have been a knockoff of those though.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can anyone identify these outdoor light fixtures? « Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 09:39:55 PM » Author: sol
Holophane does make the same glassware for years without too much change. They could have been real Holophane fixtures, only newer. Also of note, the ones I linked to are from France, so there might be a slight difference there.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Can anyone identify these outdoor light fixtures? « Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 10:20:41 PM » Author: Cole D.
That makes sense. They didn't seem like anything from the typical makers. There are some other similar "wallpack" style lights inside the house still with ribbed glass. But they are clear without frosting and the frames I think are black or bronze metal. At least I have an idea of what maker to search for now.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 10:22:12 PM by Cole D. » Logged

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies