Author Topic: Help identifying this model streetlight?  (Read 2100 times)
Alaprine

View Posts
View Gallery

Help identifying this model streetlight? « on: May 13, 2019, 04:37:14 AM » Author: Alaprine
These streetlights are fairly popular in my area. They can be found only in residential zones, specifically those planned/built after the 1990s. This makes me believe the model was conceived around that timeframe. Almost all of them use High Pressure Sodium, but a few I believe have been switched to LED.  To this day, they are still used in new residential areas. I do not know if they are used anywhere else in the country - I am speaking for my home state, Illinois.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Help identifying this model streetlight? « Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 10:49:44 PM » Author: Cole D.
To me it looks like it might be a GE Town and Country. But most of the major manufacturers including Cooper/McGraw Edison and American Electric make versions that look very similar.

These are made in HPS (older MV versions were also available) and are being made in LED versions too these days.

I've seen these in developments around here and some private ones in people's yards.

GE Town and Country   

American Electric Lighting

Cooper/Eaton

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Help identifying this model streetlight? « Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 11:08:36 PM » Author: Lumex120
That's a GE town and country.

Unofficial LG Discord

Alaprine

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Help identifying this model streetlight? « Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 11:07:10 PM » Author: Alaprine
Thanks for your identification! It does look a lot like a "GE Town and Country", but the only flaw is the one displayed in the photo is narrower and has a slightly different photocell. Either way, GE Town and Country seems to match the most.
Viejo Blanco

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Help identifying this model streetlight? « Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 11:57:02 PM » Author: Viejo Blanco
I don't recall the manufacturer, but when I worked for the light company in Houston years ago, they were called "Traditionaires"
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies