Author Topic: What height ceiling do you like in a room?  (Read 339 times)
Cole D.

View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
What height ceiling do you like in a room? « on: June 04, 2019, 09:21:50 PM » Author: Cole D.
For me I tend to like 9 foot ceiling, but it depend on the room. I think smaller rooms look better with lower ceiling. Like bedrooms and bathrooms are fine with 8 foot, although I prefer if a house have 8 foot ceilings, that it has a vaulted ceiling in the main areas. 9 foot throughout is nice, but usually I only see this in old houses from 1930s or earlier, or in very new, high end homes.

I've been to some houses in my area that have only 7 foot ceilings, and to me it felt far too low. I know in New England, some of the 1700s and 1800s houses have about 6.5 foot ceiling, to hold the heat better.

Personally I wouldn't want a house with less than 8 foot ceilings.

I like vaulted ceilings too, but usually only if the vault is somewhat deep. Shallow vaulted ceilings to me make the room seem not any bigger.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

suzukir122

View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What height ceiling do you like in a room? « Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 08:48:05 AM » Author: suzukir122
I'm a fan of rooms with really high ceilings. Especially lit with F96T12 Cool White HO. At home rooms with really high ceilings... I'm
also a fan of that too. When the height increases echo... <<< I'm a fan of that as well. Especially in a home.
My apartment living room has a vaulted ceiling... my guess is that it's maybe 10 feet from the ground but I'm not sure.
Won't be living here for much longer though... time for an upgrade. One of my friends has an apartment that has a vaulted ceiling
about 25 feet from the ground, I think. I'm not sure the height but it's definitely unnecessarily high. No echo though and THAT is
something I still don't understand. Still a small apartment though despite the high ceiling, and her kitchen is completely
lit with Rapid Start fluorescent of some sort. A lot of Rapid Start fixtures actually, including in her bathroom.

Interests
1. Motorcycles, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weighting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Yep
Lighting has been a passion of mine since I was born. I consider everyone on LG to be a friend

GE101R

View Gallery

Re: What height ceiling do you like in a room? « Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 07:38:49 AM » Author: GE101R
For me I tend to like 9 foot ceiling, but it depend on the room. I think smaller rooms look better with lower ceiling. Like bedrooms and bathrooms are fine with 8 foot, although I prefer if a house have 8 foot ceilings, that it has a vaulted ceiling in the main areas. 9 foot throughout is nice, but usually I only see this in old houses from 1930s or earlier, or in very new, high end homes.

I've been to some houses in my area that have only 7 foot ceilings, and to me it felt far too low. I know in New England, some of the 1700s and 1800s houses have about 6.5 foot ceiling, to hold the heat better.

Personally I wouldn't want a house with less than 8 foot ceilings.

I like vaulted ceilings too, but usually only if the vault is somewhat deep. Shallow vaulted ceilings to me make the room seem not any bigger.

12 foot old homes.

takemorepills

View Gallery

Re: What height ceiling do you like in a room? « Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 10:46:38 PM » Author: takemorepills
I have 16 foot vaulted ceilings in every part of the upstairs of my home. I. Freaking. Hate. It!
The house feels so empty and the space is wasted. It costs money to heat/cool dead space, and maintenance can be a real PITA because there is no attic. So, if I want to add or change any lighting, or run new cables into walls I am SOL and must do drywall work to do anything.

I prefer lower ceilings for a more "cozy" feel. Some day I am going to build a new house that is a copy of an old house. I love the old houses so much, but they are $$$$$$ here where I live.
Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines