Author Topic: Hi All From The UK's East Midlands  (Read 2552 times)
Alpha4

View Posts
View Gallery

Hi All From The UK's East Midlands « on: May 21, 2019, 12:22:37 PM » Author: Alpha4
Hi everyone.
Like many others my love of Street Lights started at a very young age and was sparked off by a very old top entry AEI Amber outside my Aunt and Uncle's house's landing window that lit the way to the toilet at night with it's amazing SOX glow!

Recently, my Son and I started saving SOX and SON lanterns during this LED replacement period in our home town and surrounding areas. The total in our collection has now topped 60 lanterns. Yep, unbelievable!!

Once I work out how to create galleries and put some pictures in them I'd like to share our collection and my handywork in getting them working again.

I'm not over-furnished in the brain department when it comes to these things so it may be a while!!

It's great to be here!!
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Hi All From The UK's East Midlands « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 02:28:02 PM » Author: rjluna2
Welcome aboard, Alpha4 Smiley

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Westinghouse OV-25s at sunset.

UCi55A3hASj7xOZ1eTRO1Jvg
Re: Hi All From The UK's East Midlands « Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 05:14:55 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Welcome to Lighting-Gallery.net! Smiley I only have one streetlight, a LED GE ERLH, that I saved from a  pole knockdown last year. The only damage was at the mounting part. hope to get more!

Good quality things are awesome. Cheaply made things are not.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hi All From The UK's East Midlands « Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 06:54:18 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Welcome to LG Alpha4 ! posting photos is actually rather easy, I AM TERRIBLE WITH COMPUTERS and with a little help I figured it out. Click on this link https://www.lighting-gallery.net/index.php?topic=5.0 for instructions and pointers for creating Albums and posting photos. If I can do it ANYBODY CAN !  Grin

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Hi All From The UK's East Midlands « Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 04:04:17 PM » Author: Cole D.
Welcome. I like the SOX fixtures from UK, especially the post top variety.  Smiley

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Hi All From The UK's East Midlands « Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 12:11:13 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Welcome to LG! I actually have never seen Sox in person before. I have mercury, metal halide and HPS but no Sox... I remember the days when I was little and the SON lanterns lit the way to the bathroom and hallway. They still do to this day but for how long is uncertain. Can't wait to one day get SOX lights.

~Owen

Color changing lamp Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps Cool Color changing lamp

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

Re: Hi All From The UK's East Midlands « Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 01:34:43 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Sorry for the delay in saying hello. Myself and my other half Ria aka SOX35 are up in the North East of Scotland and we are slowly losing our HID lanterns to LED as well.  Cry

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen)

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber  -  US author, cartoonist, humourist, & satirist (1894 - 1961)

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hi All From The UK's East Midlands « Reply #7 on: November 22, 2019, 07:33:12 AM » Author: HPSM250R2
Welcome to L-G!
Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines