Author Topic: Hello from the Pacific Northwest  (Read 2980 times)
MIPS

View Gallery

Hello from the Pacific Northwest « on: June 06, 2019, 07:08:04 PM » Author: MIPS
I would of never really guessed that there was a full-time website and forum dedicated to lighting. The gallery is quite fancy.
I live north of Vancouver British Columbia and around these parts the winters get cold and the weather can get quite dry. I can't really say I'm fascinated with but I have long enjoyed the many applications of fluorescent lighting. Sure it's seen a number of changes since its inception and later exposition at the 1939 worlds fair and these days it is finally seeing retirement in most applications with LED but I still kinda admire the many weird applications it found and where you can still find it today.
Cole D.

View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Hello from the Pacific Northwest « Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 07:33:58 PM » Author: Cole D.
Welcome!  Wink

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

wide-lite 1000

View Gallery

Re: Hello from the Pacific Northwest « Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 09:27:43 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Welcome to LG, MIPS !!!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

rjluna2

View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Hello from the Pacific Northwest « Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 05:41:13 AM » Author: rjluna2
Welcome aboard, MIPS Smiley

I stumbled into this site in 2009 and been hooked on it ever since.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

fluorescent lover 40

View Gallery

Lights are awesome! :)

Re: Hello from the Pacific Northwest « Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 08:31:47 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Welcome to Lighting-Gallery.net! Smiley

Power provider: Southern California Edison (SCE)

-Date decoder of some US lamps 1960-present.
-Switch and receptacle collector.
-I'll save any vintage lamp! Smiley

HomeBrewLamps

View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226
Re: Hello from the Pacific Northwest « Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 11:11:22 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Welcome to LG. Always good to see new lighting collectors.

~Owen

Mercury Vapor LampHigh Pressure Sodium Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps Cool High Pressure SodiumMercury Vapor Lamp

WestinghouseCeramalux

View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Hello from the Pacific Northwest « Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 01:30:15 PM » Author: WestinghouseCeramalux
Welcome MIPS. I'm a PNW resident too in Washington state. Wish there had been a forum like this when I was a kid.

Found LG around five years ago, but didn't bother to join until 2018.

Your mission - should you choose to accept it - is to save unique and rare HID lighting before it's all scrapped.

CEB1993

View Gallery

Camden

Re: Hello from the Pacific Northwest « Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 08:11:48 PM » Author: CEB1993
Welcome to LG MIPS  Smiley

Iím into collecting new old stock incandescent and halogen lamps, although Iíve recently gotten into fluorescents too.  This is an excellent and fascinating place to learning more about lighting installations and specific lamps.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines