Author Topic: 500 Internal Server Error  (Read 13021 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #60 on: January 02, 2020, 04:03:59 AM » Author: dor123
NON STOP: Slowness, not responding and "500 Internal Server Error" between 10:00am to 2:00pm Israel time, and the admins completely ignores this problem.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the European date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 230-240V, 50hz country.

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #61 on: January 02, 2020, 11:06:26 AM » Author: sox35
NON STOP: Slowness, not responding and "500 Internal Server Error" between 10:00am to 2:00pm Israel time, and the admins completely ignores this problem.
It isn't necessarily a site issue. It occurs randomly for different people at different times. You seem to suffer from the problem a lot more than other people, it could just be something between your system and the site. I have had it occasionally, but nowhere near as often as you seem to get it.

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end Love

Lightingguy1994

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #62 on: January 02, 2020, 01:16:05 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I'm on here daily and check in multiple times and i only see this server error about once or twice a month or so and usually only at night. It does get slow more often about once a week but it used to be much worse a few years ago

I use google chrome exclusively for my browsing on both mobile and desktop
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 01:23:29 PM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Commenting is open on my gallery. All comments welcome on my content. Only bullying and insults would be removed.

paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #63 on: January 02, 2020, 01:35:50 PM » Author: paintballer22
I had the server error a few times but not a lot and the site being slow but it clears up in a few minutes. All I had to do was be patient.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #64 on: January 02, 2020, 01:39:00 PM » Author: dor123
I'm online at most of the day, and encountering this in a regular basis from 10:00am to 14:00pm Israel time.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

Lightingguy1994

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #65 on: January 02, 2020, 01:55:59 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I'm online at most of the day, and encountering this in a regular basis from 10:00am to 14:00pm Israel time.

As others have said , its likely caused by an issue between the LG server and you. To be more specific it could be problems with your countries connection to the internet. The farther you are from the lg server (assuming its in the usa) the more likely chance of problems.

It appears to me that the members in canada and usa experience the least problems because we are near the server but the members overseas have more issues and they occur more often the farther they are away. Everyones internet traffic on that continent has to travel a great distance through multiple network hubs and maybe even a satellite to reach here. If you happen to live in an area experiencing hardship of sorts then that nations outgoing internet access may be unstable.

So in my honest and respectful opinion, no matter what Patrick does to the site, it will never be perfect the farther away you are.

Commenting is open on my gallery. All comments welcome on my content. Only bullying and insults would be removed.

Lightingguy1994

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #66 on: January 03, 2020, 05:32:37 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
My apologies, dor123 it looks like there is more to it than i thought.

Due to personal circumstances im awake at 5-6 am and have found gallery to be as dor123 described as very slow and i got hit with two error 500s. It looks like this occurs when it is night in the Americas so we are less likely to encounter this but everyone east sees it during their day.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

zzz

GoL ATL
Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #67 on: January 05, 2020, 10:08:29 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Speed almost always seems to be fine. And I only get a '500 Internal Server Error' on rare occasion.
(maybe it is a time-related thing as Lightingguy1994 mentioned. Could that time period by chance be when the server is doing backups? )

I'm far more likely to get these than a 500: (I've never paid attention to times, but I'm most likely to be on in the evening/night - before 11pm mountain time)

Its All For The Christmas Lights...
And A Good Summer Thunderstorm!

Lightingguy1994

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #68 on: January 05, 2020, 10:39:27 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Speed almost always seems to be fine. And I only get a '500 Internal Server Error' on rare occasion.
(maybe it is a time-related thing as Lightingguy1994 mentioned. Could that time period by chance be when the server is doing backups? )

I'm far more likely to get these than a 500: (I've never paid attention to times, but I'm most likely to be on in the evening/night - before 11pm mountain time)

Server backups! I hadn't thought of that, glad you brought that up. that has be the most likely cause for the 5 am (eastern standard time) slow down and 500 error. Could it be that when the backup happens, it has to share the same server resources thats assigned to LG causing the slow down? And 5am makes more sense now because pat likely set it when the LG is less active when the bulk of the membership is asleep

The interrupted connection, I do hit that at random times but not often, sometimes i just assume that the admins have made a change or tweak behind the scenes and hit apply causing a temporary pause while it sets, kinda like when i change my router settings and it disconnects momentarily
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 10:45:02 PM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

zzz

GoL ATL
Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #69 on: January 05, 2020, 11:25:05 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@Lightingguy1994:
It was the time that made me think 'backup'.

And while a backup isn't intense processor-wize, it can be pretty intense as far as hard-drive activity goes (which could slow things down if its set to a high priority)...and this could be the real kicker: while the backup job is reading(ie: backing up) a file, that file is most likely 'locked' to write-access (you really don't want something changing the file while you're in the middle of backing it up .lol. (though in some cases it is possible to do)).
So as an example: backup job is working on a database file, forum software tries to write to same file, access is denied by backup having it locked, forum software spits out an error.

Its All For The Christmas Lights...
And A Good Summer Thunderstorm!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #70 on: January 06, 2020, 01:04:12 AM » Author: dor123
As I said, the 500 Internal Server Error, occur me at 10:00am - 14:00pm Israel time, which is very early in the morning in the US and Canada during this time, hence American members almost never encountering this problem.

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #71 on: January 06, 2020, 03:21:33 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
I can report same issue just minutes ago and site gave error 500 for at least 5 minutes. Since it's error 500 meaning the error happens in server's side and since the http server itself seems working it might be php or database thwt's having problem.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #72 on: January 06, 2020, 08:32:15 AM » Author: sox35
Last time it happened here (a couple of days ago) I got a 503 error which said the following:

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

So backups being done could explain it.

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end Love

Lightingguy1994

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #73 on: January 06, 2020, 09:24:06 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Temporary outages happen. No "biggee" unless you are on LG life support.

Only when im bored or in bed with the flu Grin

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #74 on: January 28, 2020, 11:55:28 AM » Author: dor123
I'm getting this error now.

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines