Author Topic: 500 Internal Server Error  (Read 13025 times)
Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #75 on: February 01, 2020, 09:16:31 AM » Author: Danny
Im not usually one to complain about the site but it seems very slow  today and is dropping out occasionally, not loading etc. I Cant seem to navigate far into the site very much before it just stops responding??
sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #76 on: February 01, 2020, 09:19:22 AM » Author: sox35
Im not usually one to complain about the site but it seems very slow  today and is dropping out occasionally, not loading etc. I Cant seem to navigate far into the site very much before it just stops responding??
Yes same here at the moment, transatlantic link holdups, perhaps..? Are any US members having problems..?

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end Love

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #77 on: February 01, 2020, 11:16:23 AM » Author: LampLover
Yes same here at the moment, transatlantic link holdups, perhaps..? Are any US members having problems..?
I am in the US and yes I have been having trouble all morning with the site being very slow eventually leading to the "500 Internal Server Error". Refreshing the page does not usually help but coming back later sometimes does. Also this has been a regular occurrence for the past few weeks or so.

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

KEEP THESE ALIVE!

Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #78 on: February 01, 2020, 03:24:51 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Got about five today also not letting me rotate my photos...annoying! Angry  Huh?

Long live Mercury Vapor and Incandescent street lighting!

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #79 on: February 02, 2020, 08:45:18 PM » Author: Patrick
I removed the comments and random file sections from individual members as those queries were taking up a disproportionate amount of resources.  Hopefully the site runs a bit better now.

Also note that for members with a very large number of photos and/or albums, deleting necessary files might help performance.  If you have an average number of files, deleting is less likely to make a difference, as in many cases the slowness has more to do with the number of files or albums belonging to a particular user than the number of total files on the entire site.  I'm not asking people to delete photos they wish to preserve, but if you have near duplicates, lower quality files, or files that have little historical value, cleaning them up wouldn't hurt.  For photos that do serve as a valuable reference for a particular type of lamp of fixture, I think it is best to keep those on the site indefinitely.

By the way, I intended to reply to the more recent site outage thread, but I inadvertently middle-clicked the remove topic button.  Beware that opening Delete/Remove in a new window/tab causes the topic or picture to be deleted with no confirmation.  I've made this mistake on a few occasions now, and it's something we ought to fix.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 08:47:08 PM by Patrick » Logged

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Lightingguy1994

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #80 on: February 02, 2020, 09:38:14 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Hi pat did you remove anything of mine or should i do a clean up?

Commenting is open on my gallery. All comments welcome on my content. Only bullying and insults would be removed.

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #81 on: February 02, 2020, 09:48:16 PM » Author: Patrick
No, we're not removing anything ourselves, at least not at this time.  If you wish, feel free to review your own albums for photos you don't feel add long term value.  If you do think they are useful for others that may search for them in the future, by all means keep them.  If not, it wouldn't hurt to cut back a bit.

Lighting-Gallery.net

Lightingguy1994

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #82 on: February 02, 2020, 10:37:38 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
No, we're not removing anything ourselves, at least not at this time.  If you wish, feel free to review your own albums for photos you don't feel add long term value.  If you do think they are useful for others that may search for them in the future, by all means keep them.  If not, it wouldn't hurt to cut back a bit.

I plan to spruce up my gallery offerings a bit when time permits. I want to reorganize my content and replace some lower quality stuff with better retakes where possible. Maybe set up an album that has helpful info for others to enjoy.

I was more wondering if I was part of the random comments or random file sections you said you removed, I comment on a lot of neat stuff on here but i can cut back on that if it helps the site and I'm not sure what random file sections is but I'll do my best

Commenting is open on my gallery. All comments welcome on my content. Only bullying and insults would be removed.

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #83 on: February 03, 2020, 08:03:36 AM » Author: sox35
I plan to spruce up my gallery offerings a bit when time permits. I want to reorganize my content and replace some lower quality stuff with better retakes where possible. Maybe set up an album that has helpful info for others to enjoy.

I was more wondering if I was part of the random comments or random file sections you said you removed, I comment on a lot of neat stuff on here but i can cut back on that if it helps the site and I'm not sure what random file sections is but I'll do my best

I'm not sure either, what exactly has been removed..?

Ria in Aberdeen

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE 175w MV

GoL
Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #84 on: February 03, 2020, 09:55:37 AM » Author: High Intensity
I'm not sure either, what exactly has been removed..?
It was similar to the random pictures gallery, except it would only use photos from your/other's galleries (depending on whos gallery you were viewing) and it would only show older photos (1 year or older). So in your case, it would look like this

Old lighting is, and will always be, the best lighting.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #85 on: February 03, 2020, 09:59:09 AM » Author: dor123
Where the comments section in my gallery disappeared?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the European date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 230-240V, 50hz country.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE 175w MV

GoL
Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #86 on: February 03, 2020, 10:01:12 AM » Author: High Intensity
Where the comments section in my gallery disappeared?
It seems that it has also been removed, either on purpose or by accident.

Old lighting is, and will always be, the best lighting.

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #87 on: February 03, 2020, 11:00:57 AM » Author: sox35
It was similar to the random pictures gallery, except it would only use photos from your/other's galleries (depending on whos gallery you were viewing) and it would only show older photos (1 year or older). So in your case, it would look like this
Ah, thanks. That's not a problem.

Ria in Aberdeen

Lightingguy1994

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #88 on: February 03, 2020, 06:03:09 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
My gallery seems intact so dont think my gallery comments were removed

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: 500 Internal Server Error « Reply #89 on: February 03, 2020, 06:28:06 PM » Author: Patrick
You can still view your gallery's comments by going to your gallery page then clicking the Last Comments link.  Although it would be nice to continue to display them right on the main page, the query to retrieve them had been taking several seconds to complete.  Five seconds or so might not seem like much, but it is a lot for the server to spend on one request.  Too many long-running queries in a short period of time, and we reach a point where requests are coming in faster than they're going out.  When that happens, none of the new requests arriving can be fulfilled on time and everything grinds to a halt until the backlog is processed or the requests time out. 

Lighting-Gallery.net

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines