Author Topic: Does anyone like trains and railroad equipment?  (Read 1142 times)
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Does anyone like trains and railroad equipment? « on: June 16, 2019, 03:20:46 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
My favorite locomotives are the EMD (Electro-Motive Division) ones. They are SO much better than those GEs that keep on blowing parts.  ::)

As for my favorite crossing signal, that would be the Magnetic Flagman "wigwag" signals. Those are super cool! Also like the Griswold "Rotating Banner (Stop Sign) as well.

As for cabinets and other equipment, it would be US&S (Union Switch and Signal).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 03:25:57 AM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
merc

View Posts
View Gallery

Adam

GoL
Re: Does anyone like trains and railroad equipment? « Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 08:06:03 AM » Author: merc
Here are a few local railway equipment related pics posted to LG that you might find interesting:
Old Wooden Railway Barriers
Railway Semaphores in Use!
Looong Sun Shades
LED-only loco head/tail lights
Must be very cheap
Classic railway crossing lights with low-voltage incandescents
Prague Central Station at night - those MV are still there!

I'm not a typical railroad fan but some items indeed are interesting. Travelling by train is a good thing also.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Does anyone like trains and railroad equipment? « Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 09:20:37 AM » Author: Cole D.
I don't really see the trains around here, but I can hear the horns blowing a few times a day.

I do like railroad crossings and equipment. But here, there aren't really any old equipment anymore. Most of the crossings here have the Safetran LED lights, and a mechanical or electronic bell, and a crossing gate. Some of the ones more out of town have just lights and bell, but most of them there have no lights. Also in busier areas there is often a cantilever with lights and also pedestrian gates on the sidewalks. There used to be an older crossing here with a cantilever with Modern Industries lights, a mechanical bell and no gates. But it got replaced and now just has the typical LED lights and gate but no cantilever.

Also, I like old train stations too. In a lot of the smaller towns, they've been converted to museums or meeting places. But the one where I live is still operating as a station. No old lighting though. It has GE Powerfloods in the parking lot I think, and there is a CSX storage area nearby that has a GE M-400A2 with a yellowed refractor.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies