Author Topic: Does your city or town still re-lamp fixtures or just replace them?  (Read 537 times)
Lightingguy1994

View Gallery

Does your city or town still re-lamp fixtures or just replace them? « on: June 19, 2019, 11:57:15 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
My area still relamps the roadway fixtures. I just witnessed a relamp in action yesterday at time of posting. The crew went up to the light and changed the bulb. Now it has a fresh sodium light coming out.

In some cases the crews have simply changed the lamp and ballast to the next lowest power rating. Eg. a 150w HPS to 100w HPS, because its cheaper than installing a 100w LED head. They stick on a new yellow tag with the right code on it when this happens.
Cole D.

View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Does your city or town still re-lamp fixtures or just replace them? « Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 03:56:56 PM » Author: Cole D.
My neighborhood is in GEC territory. Any yard light NEMAs or ballast in arms they replace with LED if they fail. Not sure about cobras or floods though, as I haven't seen any being replaced.

In the rest of the town, which is Duke territory, they still relamp HPS. And they still install AEL 115 HPS cobras to replace existing HPS or MV fixtures. If it's a completely new install, they use LED cobras.

On the highways, they seem to be replacing HPS with LED as they fail. Although I get the feeling some near my house have been relamped, because some had that green EOL color but now are orange again. There have been some mass changeouts to LED on certain roads, while others seem to be spot replacing to LED only when needed.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

lightinglover8902

View Gallery

Yes. Power distributor:CenterPoint Energy.120V60Hz

GoL UCP_yo1gHzReqS19MjJMXUKg
Re: Does your city or town still re-lamp fixtures or just replace them? « Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 10:07:36 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Here, TXDOT replaces the HPS ones to LED. While CenterPoint Energy possibly puts HPS (AEL 115s) at new places, and its a option that they put LED if the customer wants LED. Plus CPE relamps their HPS fixtures, while TXDOT replaces the HPS fixture to LED.

fluorescent lover 40

View Gallery

Lights are awesome! :)

Re: Does your city or town still re-lamp fixtures or just replace them? « Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 10:32:41 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
It's odd. Despite my town being LED, a knockdown at an intersection was replaced with a GE M-400A FCO 250w HPS. So I think they still relamp HPS fixtures. Though in some areas they left the remaining HPS lights that haven't been changed out neglected.

Power provider: Southern California Edison (SCE)

-Date decoder of some US lamps 1960-present.
-Switch and receptacle collector.
-I'll save any vintage lamp! Smiley

dor123

View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Does your city or town still re-lamp fixtures or just replace them? « Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 10:35:51 AM » Author: dor123
Kiryat Ata still relamp lanterns. Haifa on the other hand, replace lanterns with LEDs.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the European date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 230-240V, 50hz country.

AngryHorse

View Gallery

Rich

Re: Does your city or town still re-lamp fixtures or just replace them? « Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 01:45:55 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Not our town, we don’t have anything with lamps in anymore, but in my neighbouring town, they still look after some of the existing HPS installations, but the minute a ballast or ignitor fails, the columns are LEDified Shocked

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy Cheesy

fluorescent lover 40

View Gallery

Re: Does your city or town still re-lamp fixtures or just replace them? « Reply #6 on: June 22, 2019, 01:49:42 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
The towns next to me have LED lights on concrete poles but still have HPS lights on the wood poles. Horribly neglected. Sad

joseph_125

View Gallery

GoL
Re: Does your city or town still re-lamp fixtures or just replace them? « Reply #7 on: June 22, 2019, 04:48:18 PM » Author: joseph_125
My city is 80% LED so most of the lights don't have lamps anymore. Of the remaining HPS lights, they look like they still relamp them as I haven't seen LED spot replacements in areas with HPS. Right now only some neighbourhoods and most of the lights at signalized intersections are still HPS. Back before the 2013-2014 changeout, they used to replace lamps but dead ballasts and ignitors got the fixture changed out. Not sure if they still do that with the remaining HPS lights but I have seen a couple of dead LED fixtures get replaced with a new HPS light.

Toronto is still almost completely HID and I'm pretty sure they relamp the HPS and PSMH lights. Fixtures with dead ballasts and ignitors get spot replaced with new HID lights though. 
mefurd98

View Gallery

Re: Does your city or town still re-lamp fixtures or just replace them? « Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 04:27:51 AM » Author: mefurd98
My city relamps HPS lights but they have certain areas where most of the streetlights are LED. But if an LED fails they replace it with a new HPS fixture so I have no idea what they’re up to. I always see new HPS installations and new LED installations so I guess they install whatever they feel like installing.
fluorescent lover 40

View Gallery

Re: Does your city or town still re-lamp fixtures or just replace them? « Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 03:07:53 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
My city relamps HPS lights but they have certain areas where most of the streetlights are LED. But if an LED fails they replace it with a new HPS fixture so I have no idea what they’re up to. I always see new HPS installations and new LED installations so I guess they install whatever they feel like installing.

I guess they know how unreliable LED fixtures are, so if they don't last, they replace it with a "reliable" HPS light.

M250R201SA

View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: Does your city or town still re-lamp fixtures or just replace them? « Reply #10 on: August 07, 2019, 07:01:11 AM » Author: M250R201SA
Ameren (Illinois and Missouri) no longer re-lamp fixtures.  They don’t even carry lamps in the trucks anymore.  All lights are replaced either by Leotek GCJ, GCM, or GCL Warm White (3,000k) Green Cobra or GE LED floods.

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

Edmund Ironside

View Gallery

Re: Does your city or town still re-lamp fixtures or just replace them? « Reply #11 on: August 08, 2019, 12:10:06 AM » Author: Edmund Ironside
Here in Alingsås all new installations are LED, they just did a big install of Philips Iridium gen3's in a industrial area here in town replacing the 35+ year old Philips SGS 203's as they redid the streets. All upgrades to existing fixtures are however to ceramic metal halide, they just changed out the HPS lamps in the neighborhood next to me for metal halide but kept the old Philips SGS 203 fixtures (as these where 70W they could just change the bulb without changing the gear).

Made in Sweden

huffmuds9320

View Gallery

Re: Does your city or town still re-lamp fixtures or just replace them? « Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 11:52:13 AM » Author: huffmuds9320
A few years ago they started replacing the high pressure sodium streetlights with led. I didn't realize it until one night I notice some of them were different color temperature. The decorative streetlights as far as I know are not going to be converted. The ones that are owned by the utility company (usually mounted on power poles) will probably be converted later on. Its about 70% of the streetlights are led now.
Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines