Author Topic: Why are eBay items so overpriced?  (Read 3964 times)
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why are eBay items so overpriced? « Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 08:29:46 AM » Author: HPSM250R2
I no longer offer "free shipping" unless it can be shipped by USPS for a fixed rate.

You'll find "customers" never appreciate cost of shipping and continue to low-ball for less than shipping alone.
It's come to the point where I'd rather throw something away than deal with the low-ballers.

But the issue of shipping is separate from the issue of the item prices often being too high these days. People are asking maximum perceived value for something, being inflexible, irregardless of shipping concerns.

I would rather charge for shipping as a separate charge instead of setting up my listings as "free shipping". I don't know if that will affect how much I sell though. It seems people are more likely to buy from a listing that says "free shipping". Unless they actually calculate to figure out that the price of the guy charging shipping is often the same as the one with "free shipping". I don't know if anybody actually ships anything "for free". Most all sellers probably just factor that into their item price with free shipping. With shipping costs you would lose money if you actually priced your item before adding the "free shipping".

Then there's the issue with calculated shipping being accurate. I sell a lot of items where I have multiple available of a single item. So ok. I go and package one up and measure and weigh the box, and that gives the buyer calculated shipping cost. What if they buy more than one? Now I might have to use a bigger box and it will be heavier. I feel that I don't trust the calculator, at least if a buyer purchases more than one. Because how does the calculator know if you are going to have to use a bigger box? You might be able to fit both items into the same size box as shipping one.

I have made some low ball offers in the past but usually I'm buying bulk not just buying one.

I am actually selling some items on eBay that are not worth much at all but I don't want them anymore. And I am trying to limit how much I put into our landfills. Trying to care about the environment. So If someone else can use it I'd rather try to sell it than throw it away.

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Why are eBay items so overpriced? « Reply #16 on: July 19, 2019, 12:27:30 PM » Author: 589
I have been shopping on eBay for over a year now and have been noticing that certain items such as vintage ballasts and vintage push button light switches seem to be way overpriced. Why is this?

It's whats left after people buy the reasonably priced stuff. You gotta wait for something good. It took me over two years to find these.

:lps:

Men of God

View Posts
View Gallery

jiachao.wei.71 chao_813975447 UChyTpXvlQ8ZCfBPP_lJjubg chao990613
Re: Why are eBay items so overpriced? « Reply #17 on: July 24, 2019, 05:55:59 AM » Author: Men of God
目前来说美国和欧洲个人卖家将商品发到我们中国,不支付运费是不太可能。贝宝相当于我们中国的支付宝,只是第三方代支付平台,支付宝是需要等我们在收到商品检查完毕后再点击确认收货,然后我支付的钱才可以到卖家的账户里面,也就避免了部分出现问题的状况;而贝宝是直接把钱打到卖家的账户里面,所以出问题的话有点麻烦,目前来说3次eBay购物经历还没有出现过问题。

我不会英文,所以我用中文,请你们用翻译网站翻译我打的字!

I can't in English, so I in Chinese, please use the translation website to translate my words!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies