Author Topic: Speakers in stores/restaurants  (Read 1597 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Speakers in stores/restaurants « on: February 22, 2020, 08:41:58 PM » Author: Cole D.
In a store, like a chain, does the company, decide what kind of music that they play in the store and how loud it is? What kind of panel do they use for the intercom or radio playing?

Since today we went to a store called Bealls Outlet and the music was turned up so loud there was a bass coming from the speakers. Which I didn't know ceiling speakers could even produce bass. Bealls Outlet usually plays XM Satellite radio in their stores, and the song playing so loudly was Life Is a Highway by The Rascal Flatts.

I hadn't noticed it turned so loud before, unless maybe it was just the song the made it seem so.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Speakers in stores/restaurants « Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 11:32:53 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Cole D.
In a store, like a chain, does the company, decide what kind of music that they play in the store and how loud it is? What kind of panel do they use for the intercom or radio playing?
I believe this depends on the store/chain...
Some the corporate office controls everything, others a manager can select from a group "stations" which in some cases they are in reality 'playlists' since the music isn't broadcast, but rather stored on a music system in the store or streamed over the internet.
Store management could also set the volume in many cases since there has to be an amplifier in the store (depending on the amp, that may be able to be 'locked' (or atleast a max level set) as well).

Since today we went to a store called Bealls Outlet and the music was turned up so loud there was a bass coming from the speakers. Which I didn't know ceiling speakers could even produce bass.
When the re-modeled the Target near me, they also must've replaced the sound system, because it now puts out bass (not like thumping bass or anything, but enough that the music actually sounds pretty good...not like the tinny/cheap bass-less sound of a common ceiling speaker). The volume is also kept at a reasonable level, like it should be. :lol: you don't go in a store to be blasted by whatever music they're playing..it should just be there in the background.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Speakers in stores/restaurants « Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 12:44:51 AM » Author: tolivac
I have objections to music played in stores and restaurants-music that is NOT my choice.And I cannot turn it down or off.Music is ART and NOT wallpaper-when are places going to realize this????I have had to ask at eating places to turn the music down when I am talking to the person I am eating with.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Speakers in stores/restaurants « Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 12:15:58 PM » Author: dor123
Garinei Afula here, seems to be obsessed to Mizrachi Music . In every branch of Garinei Afula that I visited, I heard mainly Israeli Mediterranean Music, of singers like Omer Adam, Sarit Hadad, Static and Ben El Tavori, Eyal Golan, Avi Peretz, Shlomi Shabat, Itay Levi, etc... All I can say it is a crap and horrible music which have often uses clueless language...
There is a bakery near the city center of Kiryat Ata, which turning up Mizrachi Music at full volume.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Speakers in stores/restaurants « Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 06:49:03 PM » Author: sol
There are clothing stores here that I would like to see what they have to offer, but the music is obnoxiously loud, so I avoid them...
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Speakers in stores/restaurants « Reply #5 on: February 24, 2020, 12:27:05 PM » Author: Rommie
I have slight autism, and one side-effect is that I cannot tolerate so-called 'piped' music, whatever the volume level. It's not a major problem in shops, as I can just leave, or not shop there, but in places where I have to spend a significant amount of time, like the hairdressers (it's a girl thing  :D) then it's really difficult and I have to wear earplugs. Even then it's still audible to a degree.

I just don't understand why places have to play music. I can see no justification for it whatsoever; if they think it increases sales, then they are so wrong with me, as even if I went in there with the intention of buying something, I will just walk out again and take my custom elsewhere,. In fact, the BBC did a survey a few years ago. They visited a large shopping centre (mall to you lot over the pond..!) and divided it into two. One half had the music switched off, the other half kept it on.

Guess which half got the most sales..?

Here is a UK site which is active in protesting about the onslaught.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies