Author Topic: HPS Instant Restrike Lamps  (Read 1172 times)
mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

HPS Instant Restrike Lamps « on: July 09, 2019, 02:23:54 AM » Author: mefurd98
The electric company relamped the HPS light that we are renting from them with an instant restrike lamp. I haven't seen too many of those so I was surprised when I saw it. Are they really common in streetlight/rental fixtures? Most of the ones I've seen around town just have the single arc lamps in them.
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HPS Instant Restrike Lamps « Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 02:57:43 AM » Author: Medved
The 55V ones (available up to 150W in north America) could suffice with few kV of starting pulse and 400V OCV, mainly when operating at high frequency, what the socket can handle and what an electronic ballasts could deliver, to restrike instantly. Generally it is not officially rated for that (because it is not guaranteed to work over the whole lifetime with all production pieces), but usually it does behaves that way.

The only guaranteed way to have instant restrike is the two arc tubes and reflector design that does not throw heat from one tube onto the other one.

No more selfballasted c***

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: HPS Instant Restrike Lamps « Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 11:24:32 PM » Author: Cole D.
That's nice they relamp them! The electric company in my neighborhood replaces the NEMAs with LED instead of relamping, not sure about cobras though, as I haven't seen any replaced (they're not as common though). There are still some HPS and one MV NEMA still going in my neighborhood, but the HPS lamps are likely at least 2014-15 as that about when they went to LED.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HPS Instant Restrike Lamps « Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 05:49:28 AM » Author: mefurd98
That's nice they relamp them! The electric company in my neighborhood replaces the NEMAs with LED instead of relamping, not sure about cobras though, as I haven't seen any replaced (they're not as common though). There are still some HPS and one MV NEMA still going in my neighborhood, but the HPS lamps are likely at least 2014-15 as that about when they went to LED.

It is nice they relamp them! My electric company gives people an option of what kind of lighting they want, HPS, MH, LED. It seems most people still choose HPS because I see new installations and relamps often.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: HPS Instant Restrike Lamps « Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 06:32:39 AM » Author: dor123
Here in Israel, people suggesting LED without knowing what is this actually and without knowing the disadvantages of it.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies