Author Topic: Losing interest in lighting due to the ubiquitous, omnipresent LED  (Read 3001 times)
Cavannus

View Gallery

Re: Losing interest in lighting due to the ubiquitous, omnipresent LED « Reply #30 on: August 24, 2019, 07:47:50 PM » Author: Cavannus
I'm 40 and I've got an interest in lighting since I was 15!
For the moment I've partially lose some interest in modern lighting because I don't see many changes in technologies and in the way people use lighting.

I remember how excited I was in 2000-2003, when I started to use and to see the first white led in 5mm then Luxeon formats. I was the first time people see caves and abandoned mines in a white "daylight" colour.

I live in Montréal, Canada, and the city has been converting HPS streetlights to LED: their very nice 3000K reminds me incandescent lighting. It really gives some "village" ambiance to the city, and I'm happy to experience that.
suzukir122

View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Losing interest in lighting due to the ubiquitous, omnipresent LED « Reply #31 on: August 25, 2019, 01:26:15 AM » Author: suzukir122
Yeah LED lighting replacing the older reliable lighting in most cases... that is definitely depressing. But no matter
what, old lighting will always still be out there. I will never, ever lose interest in lighting unless the government
or whatever, makes it mandatory for us to replace all older forms of lighting with LED, with the threat of arrest if
we don't follow through. In other words, unless we get forced to replace all of our lighting to LED, my passion
for lighting literally can't end. I've been a *vintage* lighting enthusiast since I was 3 years old.
Motorcycles = my other passion. Same situation. I'm not a fan of electric motorcycles... and although electric bikes
haven't taken over compared to LED's, there is still that chance that electric motorcycles will take over. My passion for
motorcycles will also never die, unless combustion engines get banned in favor of electric vehicles.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 06:08:35 AM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests
1. Motorcycles, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weighting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Yep
Lighting has been a passion of mine since I was born. I consider everyone on LG to be a friend

Ash

View Gallery

Re: Losing interest in lighting due to the ubiquitous, omnipresent LED « Reply #32 on: August 25, 2019, 09:33:07 AM » Author: Ash
With the amount of power states (all across the world) are slowly and steadily taking and accumulating, it is very plausible that they are paving their way to freely walk into your kid's home and tell him what to do (not your home because it will take a while before it reaches that point)
GE101R

View Gallery

Re: Losing interest in lighting due to the ubiquitous, omnipresent LED « Reply #33 on: August 25, 2019, 02:47:54 PM » Author: GE101R
With the amount of power states (all across the world) are slowly and steadily taking and accumulating, it is very plausible that they are paving their way to freely walk into your kid's home and tell him what to do (not your home because it will take a while before it reaches that point)

I agree. No such thing as individualism, just lock step politically correct nonsense. IMO.
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226
Re: Losing interest in lighting due to the ubiquitous, omnipresent LED « Reply #34 on: August 26, 2019, 09:57:17 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I'm too far down the rabbit hole to lose interest now!

~Owen

Mercury Vapor LampHigh Pressure Sodium Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps Cool High Pressure SodiumMercury Vapor Lamp

streetlight98

View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: Losing interest in lighting due to the ubiquitous, omnipresent LED « Reply #35 on: August 26, 2019, 06:49:32 PM » Author: streetlight98
LOL I'm in the same boat as Owen. I've got too much stuff to give up collecting now. If I gave up my lighting hobby I wouldn't have very much of a life at all other than work lol.

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

suzukir122

View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Losing interest in lighting due to the ubiquitous, omnipresent LED « Reply #36 on: August 27, 2019, 05:23:58 AM » Author: suzukir122
Although I've been slacking significantly in terms of collecting, I'm also far down that rabbit hole as well.

Interests
1. Motorcycles, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weighting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Yep
Lighting has been a passion of mine since I was born. I consider everyone on LG to be a friend

Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines