Author Topic: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps  (Read 10537 times)
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « on: July 13, 2019, 06:41:59 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Hello friends.

Does anybody recall seeing a post on here for a website that was selling a SOX low pressure sodium lamp for a really low price? I thought I remembered seeing a post maybe at least a year ago. I don't remember what wattage it was though. I really want to stock up on some SOX lamps but I can't find any low prices on any. If anybody remembers seeing a post for low price SOX lamps, or knows of a source where I can get some at a low price please let me know!

-Ryan
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 10:53:13 PM » Author: joseph_125
There was one about cheap 55w and 90w SOX lamps from Amazon Canada around two years ago where I bought one of each but that's all I recall in terms of cheap SOX lamps.
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 11:05:06 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
There was one about cheap 55w and 90w SOX lamps from Amazon Canada around two years ago where I bought one of each but that's all I recall in terms of cheap SOX lamps.

Thanks Joe for showing me that post. I would have probably tried ordering some myself at the time if they would ship to the US lol. But I thought there was a post more recent and it wasn't Amazon. It was like a online light bulb store. I was watching a listing on eBay for a few lamps but the bidding quickly jumped from like $1 to over $100. Oh well thought I was gonna finally be in luck to get some SOX lamps. Guess I'll have to just keep a eye out for more.
Ugly1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 10:44:13 AM » Author: Ugly1
Home Depot sells LPS bulbs on line, but you have to purchase a case. They have 180, 135, 35 and 18 watt. The 18 watt are $37 each plus tax and shipping, case of twelve.
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 11:18:37 AM » Author: HPSM250R2
Home Depot sells LPS bulbs on line, but you have to purchase a case. They have 180, 135, 35 and 18 watt. The 18 watt are $37 each plus tax and shipping, case of twelve.

Yeah I saw the lamps on Home Depot website. I was hoping to find a source where I can order new lamps at a lower price than that. Preferably under $10 per lamp. Are most places just overcharging for SOX lamps these days or is that really what they're going for?
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 11:01:33 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
You're probably asking for the Knockoff Chinese Low Pressure Sodium Lamps in the Modern Lamps topic.

No it's definitely not those. It was a light bulb website that had them. I think they only may have had one wattage lamp that was a really low price. Those ones from China though might be a option.
lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 11:08:32 PM » Author: lights*plus
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips-18-Watt-HID-T15-SOX-Low-Pressure-Sodium-Light-Bulb-for-Turtles-12-Pack-234047-0/204148552

Anyone wanna buy a case? I need at least half. Pickup from a US store. Not available @ homedepot.ca
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 11:17:48 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips-18-Watt-HID-T15-SOX-Low-Pressure-Sodium-Light-Bulb-for-Turtles-12-Pack-234047-0/204148552

Anyone wanna buy a case? I need at least half. Pickup from a US store. Not available @ homedepot.ca

I would like to buy at least a couple cases for myself. If you only need half a case I could buy 3. Then send you 6 lamps. I don't have the money to do that right now though. I only hope they are still available when I do have money to buy them.
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 07:02:45 AM » Author: HPSM250R2
If you're near a US homedepot store, why not buy a case, get paid from me to ship up to Canada, then buy a few more cases for your self later? Would it be cheaper when buying three or more cases at one time?

There's several Home Depot's near me lol. I'm in Florida. I planned on just saving up and buying them all at once. I probably wouldn't bother with the ship to store I would just have them shipped to me directly.
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 09:13:20 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
PM when you're ready, I'll pay you to get a dozen to start, then will figure out the shipping to me.

How many exactly do you want to buy?
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #10 on: July 19, 2019, 09:44:28 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
No it's definitely not those. It was a light bulb website that had them. I think they only may have had one wattage lamp that was a really low price. Those ones from China though might be a option.

I think you're thinking of HomeBrewLamps post : https://www.lighting-gallery.net/index.php?topic=7096.0  Either way, they appear to all be gone.

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #11 on: July 19, 2019, 10:08:40 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
I think you're thinking of HomeBrewLamps post : https://www.lighting-gallery.net/index.php?topic=7096.0  Either way, they appear to all be gone.

That may have been it! I didn't think they were 135 watt though. I was thinking they were a lower wattage like 55 or less. Oh well like you said they appear to be sold out anyways.
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #12 on: July 20, 2019, 03:00:36 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
I'd like to get a minimum of 6 lamps, would prefer 8-10 but not a case of a dozen. Sox 18 or 18-E whatever they carry.

Ok I will see about ordering them soon. I still need to see where I'm going to be financially for a while so I need a little time. I'll send you a P.M. when I figure things out for the total cost for you. We'll have to figure out shipping too. Just tell me the exact quantity you want so I can figure out how many extra I am ordering for myself.
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #13 on: July 21, 2019, 08:56:29 AM » Author: HPSM250R2
8 lamps, even number for easy packing. Shipping to the Montreal area. 1st class USPS if under 4lbs.

Ok sounds good. I'll see about coming up with the money to order all of them. Then I'll set aside 8 lamps for you and contact you for a shipping address and total payment amount.
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #14 on: July 21, 2019, 09:57:01 PM » Author: HPSM250R2

eBay item number:

Thanks I saw that listing already. I was hoping to find them for a much lower price than that. That is actually a really good price though compared to most everything else I have found. I guess SOX lamps are just insanely expensive these days.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies