Author Topic: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps  (Read 10552 times)
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #15 on: July 28, 2019, 10:43:12 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
if anyone wants to split a case I'd be willing to pay half the price. I am not in a good financial spot at the moment to afford 435 dollars worth of lamps but at the same time i don't want to be screwed out of the opportunity to get some because of money. I know if i try waiting til after they fall out of being manufactured that I will be in an even worse position than I would be otherwise.

At one point another member was offering me both a lamp and fixture for the price of shipping but i rejected the offer because at that point in time I was living in my parents house and they are too close minded and stubborn to accept my lamp collecting. Now he is no longer active... not even through email.. so now not only do i regret not taking the offer (despite the risk of my parents) I'm also kind of worried he died or something which is sad.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 10:45:34 AM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #16 on: August 16, 2019, 07:28:56 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Unfortunately they are discontinued so you gotta act soon man, im in the same boat , I waited and now my supplier has no stock because they cant order any more to sell....

lights+plus, if you bought the sox lamps, did you have to pay customs to get them into canada ?

Administrator #5

lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #17 on: August 16, 2019, 10:28:58 PM » Author: lights*plus
Ryan (HPSM250R2) bought a case of SOX-E 18w for me from homedepot.com since homedepot.ca had no such items. He had a couple more cases shipped to him. After re-packing the dozen lamps in another box, very nicely I might add, I arranged for him (paying through paypal) to ship the dozen to me and putting a value of $24 USD. No duty, no customs not even opened on my end. Worked great. Thanks Ryan!
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #18 on: August 16, 2019, 10:31:11 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Ryan (HPSM250R2) bought a case of SOX-E 18w for me from homedepot.com since homedepot.ca had no such items. He had a couple more cases shipped to him. After re-packing the dozen lamps in another box, very nicely I might add, I arranged for him (paying through paypal) to ship the dozen to me and putting a value of $24 USD. No duty, no customs not even opened on my end. Worked great. Thanks Ryan!

You're welcome George. I was impressed how great the box looked. Very few dents.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #19 on: August 16, 2019, 10:40:06 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Cool! Gotta love the lighting community helping each other out. Wow I wish the homedepot ca carried them, Id be all over a case as well. If such arrangement with duty can be made with ebay then I'll do it
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 10:42:14 PM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Administrator #5

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #20 on: August 16, 2019, 10:48:35 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Cool! Gotta love the lighting community helping each other out. Wow I wish the homedepot ca carried them, Id be all over a case as well. If such arrangement with duty can be made with ebay then I'll do it

We didn't use eBay I just purchased the case of lamps and George paid me for them and the shipping cost through PayPal. I used USPS website to ship them. I'd be willing to do the same thing again if you are interested. If you are interested you can send me a PM.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #21 on: August 17, 2019, 12:43:54 AM » Author: joseph_125
For the Canadian members, Amazon Canada still have 35w, 55w and 90w LPS lamps at a kinda decent price. Thinking of getting a 35w lamp to add to the collection before they become impossible to find. Prices below are all in CAD. I'm not sure if Amazon Canada will ship to a US address though.

35w LPS, $52.29

55w LPS, $54.48

90w LPS, $66.65

They're a bit more expensive from when they were two years ago but they're probably still a ok deal if you only want one or two. Note that you might get a Osram brand lamp instead of a Philips one. When I ordered the 55w and 90w lamps I got a couple of Osrams instead of a couple of Philips.
lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #22 on: August 17, 2019, 03:36:56 AM » Author: lights*plus
These qualify for free shipping. Remember to add your GST/PST or HST of you province.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #23 on: October 01, 2019, 01:47:50 PM » Author: Rommie

For the Canadian members, Amazon Canada still have 35w, 55w and 90w LPS lamps at a kinda decent price. Thinking of getting a 35w lamp to add to the collection before they become impossible to find. Prices below are all in CAD. I'm not sure if Amazon Canada will ship to a US address though.

35w LPS, $52.29

55w LPS, $54.48

90w LPS, $66.65

They're a bit more expensive from when they were two years ago but they're probably still a ok deal if you only want one or two. Note that you might get a Osram brand lamp instead of a Philips one. When I ordered the 55w and 90w lamps I got a couple of Osrams instead of a couple of Philips.

If they're lamps made after around 2000, then they'll still be made at Hamilton. Osram outsourced them to Philips when they closed the Shaw factory. They're a bit of a half-breed, the discharge tube is made to Osram's specification (no dimples and graded IR coating on the inside of the other jacket) but to an otherwise Philips design.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #24 on: October 01, 2019, 02:48:51 PM » Author: lights*plus
Current Prices (Oct 1, 2019) with FREE Shipping:
35w LPS CDN$ 91.27
55w LPS CDN$ 54.77
90w LPS CDN$ 121.61

The lamps I got of all the above wattages have dimples. The Philips 55w appears here
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #25 on: October 01, 2019, 02:54:38 PM » Author: Rommie
Current Prices (Oct 1, 2019) with FREE Shipping:
35w LPS CDN$ 91.27
55w LPS CDN$ 54.77
90w LPS CDN$ 121.61

The lamps I got of all the above wattages have dimples. The Philips 55w appears here.  

Yep that's a Philips lamp. I noticed the tape around the electrode end and read the reasoning. This I find intriguing, as I have never come across a case of excess sodium around the electrode area. The only thing I can think of that would cause it is running the lamp base down. Or possibly moving the lamp after switching off before it is completely cold.

Here is an example of a Philips-made Osram specification lamp.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 02:56:10 PM by sox35 » Logged

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #26 on: January 31, 2020, 07:39:42 PM » Author: lights*plus
Price update CDN$ per lamp Jan 31 2020 with FREE Shipping:

Philips 327817 T15 SOX35 = $52.12
Philips 321513 T15 SOX55 = $54.49
Philips 321521 T15 SOX90 = $66.16
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #27 on: February 01, 2020, 10:04:04 AM » Author: Rommie
I'm assuming that's just internal shipping in Canada..? It'd be interesting to know what their international rates are.

lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #28 on: February 01, 2020, 03:07:25 PM » Author: lights*plus
Yep, the links are for amazon.ca so I don't think the lamps or the free shipping are available for US, but make a search for "Low Pressure Sodium" and see what comes up at the .com

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: HELP!! SOX Low Pressure Sodium Lamps « Reply #29 on: February 01, 2020, 07:05:00 PM » Author: 589
Says it doesn’t ship to the US for me.

:lps:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies