Author Topic: What are your lighting pet peeve?  (Read 16941 times)
LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What are your lighting pet peeve? « Reply #75 on: March 14, 2024, 06:12:05 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
Even for me, who has gotten used to 6500k lights, higher temps remind me of old hospitals. Not just led, even cheap fluorescent tubes that come with battery lanterns are also offenders.

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
245v 50Hz

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What are your lighting pet peeve? « Reply #76 on: March 14, 2024, 09:34:04 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
@RRK:
That was one of the worst things that could happen to me, I suffer from night blindness, and the high colour temperature means I struggle to see clearly.  :(
Under sodium lighting, particularly LPS, I have no problems at all.! :lps: :love:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What are your lighting pet peeve? « Reply #77 on: March 14, 2024, 01:17:54 PM » Author: LightsAreBright27
Another pet peeve I have about lighting is the amount of dead lamps when multiple are present (not only leds). A poorly maintained office building where the rooms are good but the hallway lights are half dead, or flickering. Led was supposed to solve this problem but since making a high voltage low amp power supply and putting the leds in series is easier than making a low voltage high amp power supply and putting the leds in parallel.

245v 50Hz

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: What are your lighting pet peeve? « Reply #78 on: April 13, 2024, 07:03:50 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
This may be a little irrelevant but it further enforces on the problem where the best working lamp breaks while the eol/bad condition one is fine. When I was extracting two VFDs, the one with small pins and chipped glass survived but the best condition one with long pins lost vacuum (black spot=vacuum good & white spot=vacuum loss).

245v 50Hz

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies