Author Topic: F96T12 Slimline Ballast  (Read 1236 times)
Seth11

View Posts
View Gallery

13 watt Color CFLs!

F96T12 Slimline Ballast « on: July 22, 2019, 01:29:26 AM » Author: Seth11
Hi guys, I am needing a new F96T12 Slimline Ballast. This evening, I went to fire up one of my newly acquired 2xF96T12 Striplights and both lamps will glow brightly briefly, followed after just one lamp glows very dimly. I checked all of the connections and they are secured. I suspect that the ballast gave up the ghost.

Say NO to LEDS!!

nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: F96T12 Slimline Ballast « Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 03:28:50 PM » Author: nogden
I probably have an extra. I'll look when I get home. The fixture/ballast isn't humid, is it? Humidity can do strange things with magnetic ballasts for some reason. I see you're in Arizona so I assume humidity isn't a problem but thought I'd mention it.
Seth11

View Posts
View Gallery

13 watt Color CFLs!

Re: F96T12 Slimline Ballast « Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 06:24:27 PM » Author: Seth11
Thanks for your help Nogden! Aaron (Alights) is sending me some ballasts in the mail. He’s sending me five ballasts, three magnetic ones, and two electronic ones. Yes humidity isn’t a problem here ( unless it rains, but then the humidity levels drop within the next day.) I believe the capacitor inside the ballast went bad as the lamps will not start. When I apply power to the light, both lamps just blink and then the lamp on the blue wire side of the ballast just glows faintly . This seems to be a common phenomenon with slimline ballasts unfortunately. Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 06:31:52 PM by Seth11 » Logged

Say NO to LEDS!!

nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: F96T12 Slimline Ballast « Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 07:54:47 PM » Author: nogden
Sounds good!
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F96T12 Slimline Ballast « Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 09:22:50 AM » Author: funkybulb
I tend prefer electronics ballast over Magnetic instant start.   as electronic ballast are easier to wire up
and Electronic ballast takes failing lamp much better
over magnetic.  magnetic ballast can last very long time
if dont let lamp go EOL on them.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies