Author Topic: USA Lamp Bans -- Is The January 1, 2020 Phaseout Still Happening?  (Read 4117 times)
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: USA Lamp Bans -- Is The January 1, 2020 Phaseout Still Happening? « Reply #15 on: July 30, 2019, 11:41:54 PM » Author: Silverliner
Oh come on. I got enough HID lamps for life. Just have a nice stash of old school Lifeguard mercury lamps. They'll last a life time.

Well if this the case then I'm not going to bother collecting streetlights. Or at least HID ones. Because it will be difficult to get lamps. Or else they will be overpriced collectors items than something comfortable using.  ::)

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: USA Lamp Bans -- Is The January 1, 2020 Phaseout Still Happening? « Reply #16 on: July 31, 2019, 01:18:13 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Well if this the case then I'm not going to bother collecting streetlights. Or at least HID ones. Because it will be difficult to get lamps. Or else they will be overpriced collector's items than something comfortable using.  ::)

You can always try. Or try to make an HID lamp like WattMaster's trying to do. ;)
nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: USA Lamp Bans -- Is The January 1, 2020 Phaseout Still Happening? « Reply #17 on: August 06, 2019, 03:00:57 PM » Author: nogden
I asked Sylvania/Ledvance customer service about this. Here is their response:

The standards do not necessarily tighten on January 1st.  DOE must still make a determination whether to amend the existing standards, and we don’t expect that to be made until later this year.  It’s a bit complicated, but DOE has stated publicly that they do not believe the “backstop” goes into effect on 1/1/20.  See attached presentation

In answer to his direct question, LEDVANCE does – and will – comply with all laws and regulations in effect.

Thanks,
Jenn

Jennifer R. Dolin, LC, LEED AP
Head of Government Affairs and Sustainability
Compliance Officer, USC
M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: USA Lamp Bans -- Is The January 1, 2020 Phaseout Still Happening? « Reply #18 on: August 07, 2019, 08:40:11 AM » Author: M250R201SA
Oh come on. I got enough HID lamps for life. Just have a nice stash of old school Lifeguard mercury lamps. They'll last a life time.

All you need is one  :)

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: USA Lamp Bans -- Is The January 1, 2020 Phaseout Still Happening? « Reply #19 on: August 24, 2019, 03:11:25 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Whats this about Canada banning all mercury containing lamps in 2023?!

I thought things were more LAX here, think I know which political party leader in Canada is the cause of this problem but I wont name..  this is an assault to lighting enthusiasts like me

Administrator #5

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: USA Lamp Bans -- Is The January 1, 2020 Phaseout Still Happening? « Reply #20 on: August 24, 2019, 04:03:35 PM » Author: sol
In Canada, it's not only lamps. Environment Canada is in the midst of heavily regulating mercury content in a variety of things. Since LED lamps are available, they strongly suggest you buy them instead of Hg ones, and will "gradually" instill a phaseout with a ban between 2023 and 2028.

Sounds like I'll be collecting a bit more vigorously than before...
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: USA Lamp Bans -- Is The January 1, 2020 Phaseout Still Happening? « Reply #21 on: August 24, 2019, 05:04:40 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Wow i better finish up my collecting efforts while I can and take care of what i do have. No insurance can replace that stuff

Administrator #5

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies