Author Topic: BCC tags at gallery comments  (Read 499 times)
Binarix128

View Gallery

220V AC 50Hz

UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
BCC tags at gallery comments « on: August 01, 2019, 09:33:16 PM » Author: Binarix128
I think will be nice to enable some more BCC tags to the gallery comments, like this or this, for spot an important part of the comment. I don't want to enable all the BCC code "tricks", because can be used for SPAM, like the text size, the moving text, email or even flash.

If is possible admins, reduce the maximum size of the images in comments os the gallery some like 720x720px maximum, because sometimes they get in the way a little.

-I dont speak English very well. Compact Fluorescent (PL)
-Say NO to incandescent bulbs ban! Incandescent Lamp
-lamp saver Mercury Vapor Lamp

xmaslightguy

View Gallery

^homebuilt fixture

GoL ATL
Re: BCC tags at gallery comments « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 08:27:57 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@Binarix128:
Actually in gallery comments, you can do things like bold Color underline and italics

Colored Fluorescent's such as F40T12 Red or  Green or Blue are awesome...

sox35

View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

Re: BCC tags at gallery comments « Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 06:26:37 AM » Author: sox35
Limiting the size of images in comments (or forum posts) would be useful, as the OP said they can sometimes get in the way of reading what's actually been written.

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end  Smiley

GE101R

View Gallery

Re: BCC tags at gallery comments « Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 06:33:20 AM » Author: GE101R
I think will be nice to enable some more BCC tags to the gallery comments, like this or this, for spot an important part of the comment. I don't want to enable all the BCC code "tricks", because can be used for SPAM, like the text size, the moving text, email or even flash.

If is possible admins, reduce the maximum size of the images in comments os the gallery some like 720x720px maximum, because sometimes they get in the way a little.
Need the large sizes to see the intricate details. Take them away and you might as well go to google maps and look at fixtures.
sox35

View Gallery

Re: BCC tags at gallery comments « Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 06:37:25 AM » Author: sox35
Need the large sizes to see the intricate details. Take them away and you might as well go to google maps and look at fixtures.
Images in comments only need to be for illustration. If there are details that need to be seen, post the picture in the gallery, where it can be enlarged, and post a link.

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end  Smiley

GE101R

View Gallery

Re: BCC tags at gallery comments « Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 06:38:41 AM » Author: GE101R
Images in comments only need to be for illustration. If there are details that need to be seen, post the picture in the gallery, where it can be enlarged, and post a link.
Don't fix what's not broken.
sox35

View Gallery

Re: BCC tags at gallery comments « Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 07:03:12 AM » Author: sox35
Don't fix what's not broken.
I think you may be misunderstanding me. I am not saying limit image sizes in the gallery, as you do indeed sometimes need to see detail. What I'm saying, and I think what the OP is saying, is limit the size of images that can be inserted into comments such as this or into gallery comments. They can, if too large, obfuscate the text, which is important in a post/comment.

Ria in Aberdeen

GE101R

View Gallery

Re: BCC tags at gallery comments « Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 07:11:53 AM » Author: GE101R
I think you may be misunderstanding me. I am not saying limit image sizes in the gallery, as you do indeed sometimes need to see detail. What I'm saying, and I think what the OP is saying, is limit the size of images that can be inserted into comments such as this or into gallery comments. They can, if too large, obfuscate the text, which is important in a post/comment.
Thanks, but I know the difference between the gallery and the comments including the message boards. I haven't had any problem with it, not one bit.
GE101R

View Gallery

Re: BCC tags at gallery comments « Reply #8 on: September 15, 2019, 07:32:11 AM » Author: GE101R

BTW Ria. I would rather curtail the constant posting of street light photos from around the world that are taken off sites like Google and CaptureCommons.  Repetitive postings of something you have never seen yourself and use sites to constantly inundate the gallery is a much larger problem of wasting space and actually a little deception.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 07:33:57 AM by GE101R » Logged
sox35

View Gallery

Re: BCC tags at gallery comments « Reply #9 on: September 15, 2019, 07:39:38 AM » Author: sox35
BTW Ria. I would rather curtail the constant posting of street light photos from around the world that are taken off sites like Google and CaptureCommons.  Repetitive postings of something you have never seen yourself and use sites to constantly inundate the gallery is a much larger problem of wasting space and actually a little deception.
I certainly agree with you on that, but that's not the topic under discussion. Personally, I've always been more interested in the lamps themselves rather than lanterns, so the only ones I've posted are those I've seen myself, mainly of SOX lamps  Low Pressure Sodium

Ria in Aberdeen

GE101R

View Gallery

Re: BCC tags at gallery comments « Reply #10 on: September 15, 2019, 07:42:23 AM » Author: GE101R
I certainly agree with you on that, but that's not the topic under discussion. Personally, I've always been more interested in the lamps themselves rather than lanterns, so the only ones I've posted are those I've seen myself, mainly of SOX lamps  Low Pressure Sodium
Well good. That's my two cents worth or as you say in both East and West Scotland, "that's my 2p worth".
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 07:47:08 AM by GE101R » Logged
HomeBrewLamps

View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226
Re: BCC tags at gallery comments « Reply #11 on: September 15, 2019, 08:11:59 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
BEHOLD! MY OBNOXIOUSLY LARGE LAMP!

CLICK HERE

~Owen

Mercury Vapor LampHigh Pressure Sodium Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps Cool High Pressure SodiumMercury Vapor Lamp

GE101R

View Gallery

Re: BCC tags at gallery comments « Reply #12 on: September 15, 2019, 08:23:54 AM » Author: GE101R
LOL.....
Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines