Author Topic: PL cylinder fixture  (Read 1977 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
PL cylinder fixture « on: July 13, 2019, 03:58:02 PM » Author: Cole D.
At Habitat I saw a PL fluorescent cylinder wall fixture. I've kind of been wanting another since I donated the one I used to have. I notice this one has a small magnetic fixture wired to the back of the fixture. They wanted $3.50 but I didn't get it because there was no lamp in it.

Have anyone seen these type of PL cylinders with a magnetic ballast? The ones I usually saw, like I had just had the cylinder started inside, but I don't remember a ballast unless it was hidden somewhere.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: PL cylinder fixture « Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 06:06:30 PM » Author: sol
I recently got a Lumark one from eBay. It had been listed forever. It takes two PL-7 lamps. The ballasts are hidden in there behind fibreglass wool insulation. They are quite well glued in there with some kind of varnish or heat resistant epoxy and the fibreglass is glued on there. I never had a full view of the ballasts because I don't want to tear it. I intend to install it outside some day. It has a plastic cylinder, though.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: PL cylinder fixture « Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 08:20:26 PM » Author: Lumex120
I recently got a Lumark one from eBay. It had been listed forever. It takes two PL-7 lamps. The ballasts are hidden in there behind fibreglass wool insulation. They are quite well glued in there with some kind of varnish or heat resistant epoxy and the fibreglass is glued on there. I never had a full view of the ballasts because I don't want to tear it. I intend to install it outside some day. It has a plastic cylinder, though.
Could you get some pics up? I never saw that one.

Unofficial LG Discord

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: PL cylinder fixture « Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 09:33:41 PM » Author: sol
Here is the eBay picture.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: PL cylinder fixture « Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 10:19:23 PM » Author: Cole D.
Cool light. The one I saw today was bronze plastic, and had a clear prismatic cylinder similar to the one I had before.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: PL cylinder fixture « Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 01:06:09 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Would you be referring to one like in this picture ? 

https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5198&pos=8&pid=160348

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: PL cylinder fixture « Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 06:04:07 PM » Author: Cole D.
Yeah it looked similar to that but with a clear/prismatic cylinder. The ballast was the small type similar to an undercabinet fixture ballast and on the back of the fixture.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: PL cylinder fixture « Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 07:59:43 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
The cylinder on that one WAS clear/prismatic at on time , 19 years in the sun turned it nice and yellow I'll post photos of the "better one"

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: PL cylinder fixture « Reply #8 on: August 03, 2019, 11:43:10 PM » Author: Cole D.
Well I went back to get it and somebody apparently walked off with the shade, because I couldn't find it anywhere. And what stinks was I could have gotten a bulb for it cheap, because Habitat also has a ton of NOS PL lamps.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies