Author Topic: Copper Theives,  (Read 2034 times)
mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Another day and another dollar at work!

Copper Theives, « on: January 10, 2009, 10:05:39 PM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
These guys are pretty bold to do this on a public road but read these links!

here and here

I wonder if they stole the wire in the middle of the day or at night while they were lit?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 01:48:55 AM by mercuryvaporisking » Logged

Same stuff, Different Day!

lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: Copper Theives, « Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 07:06:59 PM » Author: lite_lover
Around here because of copper thefts,all access plates on light poles have tamperproof bolts to secure them.So far it's working as the theives have only been able to partially bend the plate, but not gain access.

The brighter the better.

gmercury2000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Copper Theives, « Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 07:32:10 PM » Author: gmercury2000
They can use aluminium wire, yes it has scrap value but it takes a lot more to add up. The one thing that wil never change is that is a thief wants the metal bad enough they will get it. It doesnt matter what you do to prevent it. IMO! I agree though, if you walk into a scrap yard with thousands of dollars worth of scrap, especially all the same there should be some flaggs raised.
mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Another day and another dollar at work!

Re: Copper Theives, « Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 01:51:43 AM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
We have had alot of a/c units being stole around here aswell, a $2000 a/c probably going to get $15 total for the copper, I just ripped my screened in enclosure down and posted a add on craigslist for a free small pile of aluminum to whoever wants it, I got over 100emails in a 5 hour period!!!! Insane and I will never do that again.

Same stuff, Different Day!

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Copper Theives, « Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 05:48:17 AM » Author: Silverliner
The same problem happened here in Southern California also. I remember a while back I was driving home and noticed about half of the lights on the 405 freeway weren't working. I read copper thieves had stolen a lot of the wiring from the freeway lighting.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Copper Theives, « Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 10:32:40 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
We had it worse here in Baltimore city....... disappearing poles

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Copper Theives, « Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 01:17:32 AM » Author: Medved
Chop their hands when caught and made public this happened...
If they are behaving as in medieval, they should get medieval punishment.
Sometimes it's not only power cables, but what's more serious, railroad signaling - tere the fun really stop.

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies