Author Topic: USB Rechargeable AA Lithium Batteries  (Read 1302 times)
merc

View Posts
View Gallery

Adam

GoL
USB Rechargeable AA Lithium Batteries « on: August 11, 2019, 05:04:22 PM » Author: merc
Has anybody tried this?
Might be good for appliances that benefit from the full 1.5V (torches/flashlights as bright as with Alkalines but 1000x rechargeable as NiMH batteries). Only 1200mAh though - the USB connector occupies some space that could be used by the lithium stuff.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: USB Rechargeable AA Lithium Batteries « Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 09:39:45 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Cool ! I might have to try them !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: USB Rechargeable AA Lithium Batteries « Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 01:21:18 AM » Author: Medved
I think the low self discharge MHs have higher value and at the end are cheaper.

You can not use these virtually in anything else than torches or some toys. The problem would be in the output filtration (the lack of it in that crammed space) what will cause problems with any form of radio device...
Plus no indication about the charge state (the electronically regulated output stays constant till it suddenly drops when reaching end of discharge threshold).

No more selfballasted c***

merc

View Posts
View Gallery

Adam

GoL
Re: USB Rechargeable AA Lithium Batteries « Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 03:10:18 PM » Author: merc
These 1.5V/2800mAh rechargeable lithium AA batteries look probably better but they still use "precise voltage conversion technology to make the lithium batteries' voltage change from 3.7V into the output voltage of 1.5V".

Non-rechargeable Lithium AA batteries also exist. I got Energizers (as seen in the attachment) together with a camera purchased in 2008 and didn't use them until recently. Their voltage is more like ~1.85V - making my alarm clock display look a little over-contrasted. Not sure how they lower the lithium voltage.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: USB Rechargeable AA Lithium Batteries « Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 04:53:49 PM » Author: Ash
I think cameras etc. will actually like the 1.5V (regulated till the end of useful charge) batteries much better than 1.2V

(While at that, i am scratching head over why to date camera manufacturers dont set the low battery detection thresholds according to NiMH, but still to Alkalines, in most cameras where this cannot be set in the user menu. Do they think that most users use Alkalines ?)
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: USB Rechargeable AA Lithium Batteries « Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 09:04:48 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
The only type of battery I used in those kindof cameras was alkalines simply due to the fact that alkalines seem to last longer.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies