Author Topic: The website is very slow  (Read 1447 times)
dor123

View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

The website is very slow « on: August 13, 2019, 11:44:02 AM » Author: dor123
I've noticed that it takes ages to load pages in my Pale Moon.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the European date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 230-240V, 50hz country.

Edmund Ironside

View Gallery

Re: The website is very slow « Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 08:52:20 AM » Author: Edmund Ironside
I can not agree at all. The whole site is super fast for me.

I have a 100Mb/s connection running a windows 10 computer with a first generation I7 so the computer is not anything special.

Made in Sweden

GE101R

View Gallery

Re: The website is very slow « Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 08:59:51 AM » Author: GE101R
I can not agree at all. The whole site is super fast for me.

I have a 100Mb/s connection running a windows 10 computer with a first generation I7 so the computer is not anything special.
Fast here too.
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226
Re: The website is very slow « Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 09:58:04 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I click a button and the site instantly switches pages...

and I'm connected through 4G LTE on my phone, Which is connected through USB tethering on a computer from 2010! lmaoo

~Owen

Mercury Vapor LampHigh Pressure Sodium Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps Cool High Pressure SodiumMercury Vapor Lamp

xmaslightguy

View Gallery

^homebuilt fixture

GoL ATL
Re: The website is very slow « Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 08:19:13 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
The website is plenty fast for me even being on a slower connection, and using a win98se computer.

Colored Fluorescent's such as F40T12 Red or  Green or Blue are awesome...

dor123

View Gallery

Re: The website is very slow « Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 02:38:05 AM » Author: dor123
There was a period a month before, that the website was very slow to me, when I firstly logged into it with Pale Moon, but now it is OK.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

rjluna2

View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: The website is very slow « Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 05:53:05 AM » Author: rjluna2
Speed on the Internet bandwidth comes and goes depending upon the amount of packet traffic in the network trunk Huh?

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

dor123

View Gallery

Re: The website is very slow « Reply #7 on: September 29, 2019, 10:55:43 AM » Author: dor123
Update: Now it is really very slow. I uploaded a picture, and after several min, Waterfox gives me "Secure Connection Failed" error. So I refreshed all the tabs of LG, and they taking forever to refresh.

Update: Looks like the problem was from my side.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 01:08:09 PM by dor123 » Logged

Lightingguy1994

View Gallery

Re: The website is very slow « Reply #8 on: October 03, 2019, 11:10:27 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
It could be because you are using internet browsers that are pretty obscure such as waterfox and pale moon. Most of us are using one of the big 3. I use chrome for instance on both my computer and phone.

Other factors will include the traffic to LG server at the time and also internet traffic near you such as shared wifi and even your neighbourhood. For instance my internet generally becomes slower around 3pm until about 8pm when school kids and adults get home and go online.
dor123

View Gallery

Re: The website is very slow « Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 11:44:54 PM » Author: dor123
Waterfox is very similar to Firefox, except no telemetry, and support of Legacy addons, such as my favorite extension Session Manager.
This is Pale Moon, which isn't the same as Firefox. The problem with it, is while it is a great browser, its developer, "Moonchild", as well as its community are crap. Waterfox seems to be great replacement for Pale Moon, but it is as heavier as Firefox, and is available as 64-bit only.

Lightingguy1994

View Gallery

Re: The website is very slow « Reply #10 on: October 04, 2019, 12:24:21 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Think i've heard of pale moon, is that the one that legacy computer enthusiests liked to use for internet on older power pc hardware?
dor123

View Gallery

Re: The website is very slow « Reply #11 on: October 04, 2019, 05:09:14 AM » Author: dor123
Yes. But there is problem that its developer and the community are bad. The developer decided to block Noscript, and he is so absolutely, thinking that the users are him.

Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines