Author Topic: GEC Super Sox 35 Watt  (Read 2327 times)
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

GEC Super Sox 35 Watt « on: December 03, 2019, 07:35:23 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Hey all.

I just received a GEC Super Sox 35 watt lamp today. It is supposed to be NOS. However the electrodes have white on the "coils". Is that an indication that the lamp is used? There's also a couple tiny pieces of glass loose in the outer envelope, but that's not something I'm really concerned about. I have seen several new lamps of different types with some loose glass pieces over the years so I guess it's normal.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: GEC Super Sox 35 Watt « Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 07:42:23 PM » Author: Rommie
That's normal, it's the emitter material, don't worry about it. GEC Super SOX lamps were the best ever made in my opinion  8) :a_sox:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GEC Super Sox 35 Watt « Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 07:55:19 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
That's normal, it's the emitter material, don't worry about it. GEC Super SOX lamps were the best ever made in my opinion  8) :a_sox:

Ah ok. Good if it is new then I won't ask the seller for a refund lol. I saw it so I jumped on it. Now I can be a part of the GEC Super Sox lamp collector club lol.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: GEC Super Sox 35 Watt « Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 10:07:26 AM » Author: Rommie
Ah ok. Good if it is new then I won't ask the seller for a refund lol. I saw it so I jumped on it. Now I can be a part of the GEC Super Sox lamp collector club lol.
Yes, I need some 35W and 55W ones of these, they really are lovely lamps  8)

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GEC Super Sox 35 Watt « Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 10:57:28 AM » Author: Danny
The best lamps ever made. Although these lamps can be funny after the first time they're run so its recommended that they are run 12-24 hours constant the very first time and next due to the age of them now as they get stubborn to start otherwise

Enjoy your lamp. These are certainly a piece of art
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: GEC Super Sox 35 Watt « Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 03:33:34 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Wouldn't that break it.??  :D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GEC Super Sox 35 Watt « Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 03:34:58 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Wouldn't that break it.??  :D

Jumped on it meaning I quickly made the decision to buy it lol
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: GEC Super Sox 35 Watt « Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 03:35:47 PM » Author: Rommie
Jumped on it meaning I quickly made the decision to buy it lol
It's ok, I gave her a slap for you  :D

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GEC Super Sox 35 Watt « Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 03:41:45 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
It's ok, I gave her a slap for you  :D

Thank you very much lol
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies