Author Topic: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it!  (Read 7407 times)
tolivac
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Posts: 528
View Gallery

Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #210 on: September 06, 2019, 12:38:02 AM » Author: tolivac
In Greenville,NC-so far not really that bad.Rest of the night to get thru at the transmitter plant-site in on gen power as precaution-did security checks-was able to go outside light rain and wind.
Logged
suzukir122
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 696
View Gallery


suzukir123
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #211 on: September 06, 2019, 06:31:26 AM » Author: suzukir122
Yeah there's nothing anyone can do to prevent the stupidity of others. Doesn't matter how much we try to jam it into their brains...
someone will end up car swimming anyways despite the warning.
Us: "Flooding is dangerous. Flooding is dangerous. Flooding is dangerous."
Them: "Hey guys, lets drive through the flood. It can't be that deep. Duurrrr hah, yeah our SUV can get through that with no problem."
Later on...
Us: "Idiots."
Them: "Ahhhh!! Get the car quick!! Someone help, help, HELP!!!"

Sigh.
Logged

Interests
1. Motorcycles, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weighting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Yep
Lighting has been a passion of mine since I was born. I consider everyone on LG to be a friend

Cole D.
Hero Member
*****
Online

Posts: 757
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS


Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #212 on: September 13, 2019, 09:03:52 PM » Author: Cole D.
Since Hurricane Dorian passed up the coast, it hasn't rained here as much as it was before. But there were some rain today and wind, and this weekend it is supposed to rain again, along with Tropical Storm Humberto passing to the east of Florida.
Logged

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

xmaslightguy
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 837
View Gallery

^homebuilt fixture


GoL ATL
WWW
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #213 on: September 13, 2019, 10:07:13 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
There was a line of thunderstorms that moved through here on Sunday. I was driving home on a highway near the mountains & was treated to a nice lightning show Smiley
Some of the storms got severe-warned as they moved farther east in the state.

--------------
@Cole D.
I saw that when it was just a 'disturbance'. Then a depression.
Original forecast-track had it going  across FL & into the golf, then it changed to going right up along the east FL coast like Dorian, nice to see the forecast now showing it staying offshore & then heading out to sea when it becomes a hurricane.

There is also 3 other 'disturbances' out there (1 of which may need watching since it has a 50% chance of cyclone formation in the next 5 days (the other 2 are 20% & 30% ))
Logged

Colored Fluorescent's such as F40T12 Red or  Green or Blue are awesome...

Cole D.
Hero Member
*****
Online

Posts: 757
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS


Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #214 on: September 13, 2019, 10:46:10 PM » Author: Cole D.
Yes and interestingly, last night when I went for walk was thinking about how the weather has been more fall like. Cooler in evenings and a bit windier. It did not feel humid last night like it has been on any other night.

Today we did get some rain showers and windy and cloudy. Plus this evening it was dark looking and saw lightning in distance. Windy and felt like rain was coming but didn't have any.
Logged

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

RyanF40T12
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 775
View Gallery

Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #215 on: September 14, 2019, 02:01:05 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
moving back to a partial dry and hot pattern here in Denver.  the leaves on the trees won't be changing anytime soon if this keeps up. 
Logged

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

CEB1993
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 792
View Gallery

Camden


Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #216 on: September 14, 2019, 07:31:08 AM » Author: CEB1993
We finally broke an intense heat wave and drought here in SC yesterday evening. This week it hit 100 on Tuesday and 102 on Friday. The grass in the yards and golf courses is baked brown and gray and the A/C inside cannot keep up with cooling demands.

Yesterday, September 13 was the first rainfall of the month. It was really nice, gentle rain with a few claps of thunder.  A nice, relaxing evening thunderstorm. We probably got 1/4 inch of rain and today the clouds are holding down the temperature. Iím afraid it wonít get cooler and more fall-like till October. I consider most of September a summer month because of the warm climate Iím used to  Cool
Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

xmaslightguy
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 837
View Gallery

^homebuilt fixture


GoL ATL
WWW
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #217 on: September 15, 2019, 05:41:33 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: CEB1993
Yesterday, September 13 was the first rainfall of the month.
Were you too far inland to anything form Dorian then?

Quote from: RyanF40T12
moving back to a partial dry and hot pattern here in Denver.  the leaves on the trees won't be changing anytime soon if this keeps up. 
I'm starting to see signs of fall in some trees (but I'm also outside city limits/closer to the mountains)
Logged

Colored Fluorescent's such as F40T12 Red or  Green or Blue are awesome...

suzukir122
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 696
View Gallery


suzukir123
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #218 on: September 16, 2019, 06:08:35 AM » Author: suzukir122
As far as I'm concerned, fall and winter can back-back, AWAYYY from me. I don't like fall all that much,
and I absolutely hate winter with a strong passion. Especially when negative degree temps become evident.
And cold can definitely be a form of severe weather too, not just thunderstorms and tornadoes. I've actually almost died
twice because of cold weather. One time back in 2013, and also the beginning of this year. (Both negative degree temps)
I can't be in extreme cold for too long because if I am, my body desperately gets into "Get Warm Now" mode. When that happens,
I typically can't feel my fingers. When I'm in this stage, I begin to vomit, hallucinate and pass out. Back in January, on my way to
work, that is exactly what happened. I had just finished simply getting gas for my car at the gas station... that was
enough to freeze me so bad to the point where I began passing out/hallucinating behind the wheel. Everything was sparkling
and getting darker. I started feeling the need to vomit, but I never puked. I pulled over until I felt warmer/better, and I
somehow STILL made it to work on time.
Anyways, severe weather in the form of cold, whether it be snow, or the frigid temps, or both... I am NOT looking forward to winter.
Logged

Interests
1. Motorcycles, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weighting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Yep
Lighting has been a passion of mine since I was born. I consider everyone on LG to be a friend

xmaslightguy
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 837
View Gallery

^homebuilt fixture


GoL ATL
WWW
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #219 on: September 16, 2019, 06:35:52 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@suzukir122:
I'm with you on below-zero temps, I really hate that type of weather.

It sounds like you were getting in the stages of hypothermia there.  Obviously not a good thing. Shocked Glad you were ok. Smiley

And yep snow/cold/etc could certainly be considered forms of severe weather, even if it doesn't destroy stuff like a hurricane or tornado would.
Logged

Colored Fluorescent's such as F40T12 Red or  Green or Blue are awesome...

suzukir122
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 696
View Gallery


suzukir123
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #220 on: September 16, 2019, 06:42:47 PM » Author: suzukir122
Thanks @Xmaslightguy... things could've been a lot worse. To be honest, I was more concerned about the drivers
around me. I didn't want to veer off the road and crash into someone at 65 mph. Going to work on time when I'm
not well, wasn't worth it.
Logged

Interests
1. Motorcycles, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weighting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Yep
Lighting has been a passion of mine since I was born. I consider everyone on LG to be a friend

Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines