Author Topic: A new start...  (Read 1125 times)
sox35

View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

A new start... « on: September 10, 2019, 04:46:45 PM » Author: sox35
Hi all,

My other half Sammi and I decided to leave Lighting Gallery at the end of last year for various reasons.

Anyway, I have of late found myself missing the site, so after a lot of talk between ourselves and emails with Patrick of the admin team, I have decided to return, but with a different username. The reasons for this are many, but SOX is my favourite light source and 35W is the rating I have most of, so it seemed reasonable..!

I am hoping that most members here will welcome me back, I do know that I have had some rather opinionated "discussions" on here in the past, but that's where they are, the past, and that's where I intend them to stay. My mental health was suffering somewhat at the time of our departure, so we felt it was the only way out. Time is a great healer, it is said, and I find this to be true. I have a mild form of autism, and while it doesn't greatly impact my day to day life, it does cause me problems now and then, which are not helped when I think that people are targeting me for whatever reason.

I have had a lot of positive things happen in my life as a result of being a member here, and I hope this will continue. To those who for whatever reason had "issues" with me in the past, or the other way around, it doesn't really matter, I say this - you are forgiven. I hold no grudges, and I hope you can see it in your hearts to do the same. If so, all is good. If not, then I will be saddened, but I will not get into any arguments or flame wars, life is too short.

Take care and enjoy the hobby and your lives. I will endeavour to do the same. Sammi may well return at a future time, depending on how things go.

Ria

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end  Smiley

High Intensity

View Gallery

EYE 175w MV

GoL
Re: A new start... « Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 05:14:46 PM » Author: High Intensity
Welcome back, it's nice to see you again.

Old lighting is, and will always be, the best lighting.

fluorescent lover 40

View Gallery

Lights are awesome! :)

Re: A new start... « Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 06:24:19 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Welcome back! Cheesy

Power provider: Southern California Edison (SCE)

-Date decoder of some US lamps 1960-present.
-Switch and receptacle collector.
-I'll save what I can! Smiley

rjluna2

View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: A new start... « Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 07:13:18 PM » Author: rjluna2
Welcome back, Ria Smiley

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

HPSM250R2

View Gallery

Re: A new start... « Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 08:38:51 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Hi Ria. Welcome back.
sox35

View Gallery

Re: A new start... « Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 08:18:29 AM » Author: sox35
Thanks to everyone who has welcomed me back, it's good to know there are so many nice people out there  Kiss

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end  Smiley

wide-lite 1000

View Gallery

Re: A new start... « Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 03:24:40 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
WELCOME BACK RIA !!!!!! Your new user name, makes perfect sense, my namesake is my favorite floodlight that WAS and soon will be again lighting my field behind my garage  https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5198&pos=90&pid=157746 Yes, I figured out how to post photos after you left.

As for the "opinionated discussions" Those are a result of a thing called PASSION for the things you hold dear and special . I personally have got into a TON of arguments both at work and elsewhere over things that I feel very strongly over . As far as I'm concerned that's life and those who don't like it can stuff it !

Again , Welcome Back ! You and Sammi are just another piece of the puzzle needed to complete the picture that is LG - Somewhere to share Lighting/Electrical knowledge and Cool lamps / fixtures / gear that some have never seen before . BTW while you were gone I finally got into the SOX world with a Norelco SOX 135/180w Streetlight ! I Like It ! Grin

-Wide-Lite 1000

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

LampLover

View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: A new start... « Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 04:03:51 PM » Author: LampLover
Welcome back Ria good to have you back!

LED Free Zone!
All For HID and old-school electronic Only

xmaslightguy

View Gallery

^homebuilt fixture

GoL ATL
Re: A new start... « Reply #8 on: September 12, 2019, 09:27:57 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Glad to see you back.
And I like the new username.

Colored Fluorescent's such as F40T12 Red or  Green or Blue are awesome...

suzukir122

View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: A new start... « Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 03:05:22 PM » Author: suzukir122
Yup, I knew that was you Ria, but I didn't know Sammi joined in as well.
Good to see you guys back!!
Hey by the way, if you have anymore two wheeled machines again, let me know. If I remember
correctly, you're also a fellow motorcycle rider.

Interests
1. Motorcycles, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weighting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Yep
Lighting has been a passion of mine since I was born. I consider everyone on LG to be a friend

View Gallery

Knight of the D-line streetlights

Re: A new start... « Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 07:54:39 PM » Author: 589
TIME TO PARTAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium Mercury Vapor Lamp High Pressure Sodium Mercury Vapor Lamp High Pressure Sodium Incandescent Lamp High Pressure Sodium Mercury Vapor Lamp High Pressure Sodium Mercury Vapor Lamp High Pressure Sodium Mercury Vapor Lamp High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium Circline Fluorescent High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium Circline Fluorescent Circline Fluorescent Circline Fluorescent High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium Circline Fluorescent Circline Fluorescent High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium Incandescent Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium Incandescent Lamp High Pressure Sodium Circline Fluorescent Circline Fluorescent High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium Incandescent Lamp Incandescent Lamp High Pressure Sodium Mercury Vapor Lamp High Pressure Sodium Circline Fluorescent Circline Fluorescent High Pressure Sodium Incandescent Lamp High Pressure Sodium Circline Fluorescent High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium Incandescent Lamp Incandescent Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Incandescent Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium Circline Fluorescent Circline Fluorescent Circline Fluorescent High Pressure Sodium Incandescent Lamp Mercury Vapor Lamp Incandescent Lamp High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium High Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Metal Halide Lamp Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium Low Pressure Sodium

Welcome back
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 07:58:06 PM by 589 » Logged

Low Pressure Sodium

sox35

View Gallery

Re: A new start... « Reply #11 on: September 18, 2019, 06:50:46 AM » Author: sox35
Welcome back Cheesy
Thanks Andy..! (I snipped out all the lamps you sent)  Cheesy

Ria in Aberdeen

View Gallery

Knight of the D-line streetlights

Re: A new start... « Reply #12 on: September 18, 2019, 01:46:25 PM » Author: 589
No problem Ria, they were for everyone to share Smiley

Low Pressure Sodium

Mandolin Girl

View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

Re: A new start... « Reply #13 on: September 18, 2019, 03:59:05 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
As folk will have seen I'm back as well with a new username. I chose it because I'm learning to play the mandolin, and will soon have enough money to buy this fine instrument.  Grin

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen)

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber  -  US author, cartoonist, humourist, & satirist (1894 - 1961)

sox35

View Gallery

Re: A new start... « Reply #14 on: September 18, 2019, 04:47:28 PM » Author: sox35
Yup, I knew that was you Ria, but I didn't know Sammi joined in as well.
Good to see you guys back!!
Hey by the way, if you have anymore two wheeled machines again, let me know. If I remember
correctly, you're also a fellow motorcycle rider.

I was, but that was a while ago. As I think I mentioned at the time, I had to sell the bike due to lack of funds, my work got reduced to 3 days a week (NOT my idea, grrrr) and with the drop in money I couldn't afford to run 2 vehicles. I needed the car for work, so the bike had to go  Cry

Ria in Aberdeen

Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines