Author Topic: Why are 4 way hard snap switches basically gone off the face of the earth?  (Read 1254 times)
Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Why are 4 way hard snap switches basically gone off the face of the earth? « on: September 10, 2019, 08:25:01 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
Why are 4 way hard snap switches so rare? There are none on eBay.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why are 4 way hard snap switches basically gone off the face of the earth? « Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 08:29:38 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Vintage 4-way switches are very rare in general. I have only one (Eagle quiet switch) and found a vintage ivory Leviton quiet ivory one and will pick it up on Saturday.

Just imagine a 4-way mercury one!

Edit June 16, 2020: I never did pick up the Leviton 4-way ivory quiet switch.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 05:49:11 PM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why are 4 way hard snap switches basically gone off the face of the earth? « Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 10:36:38 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
These quiet? Ebay 113706259816

Those are actually double pole snap switches.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why are 4 way hard snap switches basically gone off the face of the earth? « Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 01:31:09 PM » Author: Ash
Double pole 3 way switch can be wired as a 4 way

Over here there arent "hard" snapping switches nowadays, and i havent seen the "metallic click" (like Citor / Feller AG) style either. But the standard European style switches definitely do snap

If you want something good look for a Schneider Unica. In fact you might be able to install the 3 module units in a standard US box but sideways (in Europe the boxes are installed horizontally and the device is designed with the switch positions accordingly)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies