Author Topic: Hello from central North Carolina  (Read 423 times)
Metal Halide Boy

View Gallery

Hello from central North Carolina « on: September 11, 2019, 09:16:04 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
Hi - I am a young light enthusiast.  I have been interested in electricity and lighting for as long as I can remember.  I have been reading posts on this site for awhile and am glad there are other people like me that like lighting.  I got my first street light a few days ago and have hung it up and it works great.  It is a American Electric 115 150w HPS.  My favorite type of lighting is metal halide of which I have several of.  I do not really like LED, induction lighting, or incandescent - I've met a few people that agree with me but others like to argue about this. My favorite thing is to do wiring projects.
sox35

View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

Re: Hello from central North Carolina « Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 09:25:39 AM » Author: sox35
Hi and welcome to LG from a rather cold North-West Scotland Smiley

I can agree with you about LED's, not had any experience of induction lamps but I do like incandescents, especially the big ones. I've just acquired a lovely old GE 1500W one, which unusually for an American lamp is 250V.

Take care and hope to hear more from you soon  Smiley

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end  Smiley

rjluna2

View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Hello from central North Carolina « Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 09:46:12 AM » Author: rjluna2
Welcome aboard, Metal Halide Boy Smiley

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Metal Halide Boy

View Gallery

Re: Hello from central North Carolina « Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 09:49:52 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
I don't feel nearly as strongly about incandescents as I do LEDS - sometimes they're quite useful.  Smiley
wide-lite 1000

View Gallery

Re: Hello from central North Carolina « Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 03:04:43 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Welcome to LG Metal Halide Boy ! I personally have a love hate relationship with LED , I love how it saves me money on electricity around the house, but HATE the fact that it's taking away lots of cool vintage lighting. No issues with Incandescent but not a fan of Induction !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

fluorescent lover 40

View Gallery

Lights are awesome! :)

Re: Hello from central North Carolina « Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 05:02:40 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Welcome to Lighting-Gallery.net! Smiley

Power provider: Southern California Edison (SCE)

-Date decoder of some US lamps 1960-present.
-Switch and receptacle collector.
-I'll save any vintage lamp! Smiley

GE101R

View Gallery

Re: Hello from central North Carolina « Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 11:15:11 AM » Author: GE101R
Hi - I am a young light enthusiast.  I have been interested in electricity and lighting for as long as I can remember.  I have been reading posts on this site for awhile and am glad there are other people like me that like lighting.  I got my first street light a few days ago and have hung it up and it works great.  It is a American Electric 115 150w HPS.  My favorite type of lighting is metal halide of which I have several of.  I do not really like LED, induction lighting, or incandescent - I've met a few people that agree with me but others like to argue about this. My favorite thing is to do wiring projects.
Your sentence structure is like you are in your 30's. Interesting.
Metal Halide Boy

View Gallery

Re: Hello from central North Carolina « Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 03:24:49 PM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
My mom helped me write it.
GE101R

View Gallery

Re: Hello from central North Carolina « Reply #8 on: September 12, 2019, 04:18:33 PM » Author: GE101R
My mom helped me write it.

Ahh....
GE101R

View Gallery

Re: Hello from central North Carolina « Reply #9 on: September 12, 2019, 04:44:20 PM » Author: GE101R
Hi and welcome to LG from a rather cold North-West Scotland Smiley

I can agree with you about LED's, not had any experience of induction lamps but I do like incandescents, especially the big ones. I've just acquired a lovely old GE 1500W one, which unusually for an American lamp is 250V.

Take care and hope to hear more from you soon  Smiley
52 degrees isn't that bad. I lived in Plattsburg NY once and it was COLD!  Now
52 F

Cool.

Feels Like: 48 F
Forecast: 61 / 50 F
Wind: 12 mph ↑ from West
sox35

View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

Re: Hello from central North Carolina « Reply #10 on: September 12, 2019, 04:46:14 PM » Author: sox35
52 degrees isn't that bad. I lived in Plattsburg NY once and it was COLD!  Now
52 F

Cool.

It's cold enough for me, I get the shivers anywhere below 70  Cheesy

And I've just realised I got my easts and wests mixed up, I meant of course north-east, I have just been officially slapped around the head by my other half who's lived here for 30+ years  Roll Eyes Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 04:48:43 PM by sox35 » Logged

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end  Smiley

GE101R

View Gallery

Re: Hello from central North Carolina « Reply #11 on: September 12, 2019, 05:43:01 PM » Author: GE101R
It's cold enough for me, I get the shivers anywhere below 70  Cheesy

And I've just realised I got my easts and wests mixed up, I meant of course north-east, I have just been officially slapped around the head by my other half who's lived here for 30+ years  Roll Eyes Cheesy

Weather in Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Now
52 F

Cool.

Current Time: Sep 13, 2019 at 12:42:32 am

Latest Report: Sep 12, 2019 at 10:50 pm

Visibility: N/A

Pressure: 30.24 "Hg

Humidity: 67%

Dew Point: 41 F

Not bad for midnight.
Metal Halide Boy

View Gallery

Re: Hello from central North Carolina « Reply #12 on: September 13, 2019, 07:10:09 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
Oh,also my mom says i always talk like a tecnnical manual
MVMH_99

View Gallery

Nothin' Like Clear MV...

Re: Hello from central North Carolina « Reply #13 on: September 13, 2019, 09:00:08 PM » Author: MVMH_99
Hello and welcome!  Awesome to have another young enthusiast here!  I can relate to you in terms of your like for lighting and electrical wiring - I've been playing with plugs since I was ~3 years old (no joke!) Cheesy.  Fast forward to today (I'm now 20), and my enthusiasm lives on.

Like you, I also am a fan of Metal Halide, and still love mercury vapor.  Pains me that MV, along with HID in general, is starting to become a "thing of the past" in many places.

Finally, I am also knowledgeable about some aspects of electrical work and enjoy soldering, plus putting together simple wiring.  I'm good at changing outlets, light switches, fixing cords, etc.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to any one of us - we'll be happy to assist! Smiley

« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 09:04:39 PM by MVMH_99 » Logged
Metal Halide Boy

View Gallery

Re: Hello from central North Carolina « Reply #14 on: September 15, 2019, 12:53:32 PM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
you sound like me! and i love Murcury Vapor too.
Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines