Author Topic: Preheat Blinkage  (Read 6339 times)
sparkie

View Posts
View Gallery

Preheat Blinkage « on: January 16, 2011, 03:53:48 PM » Author: sparkie
Now that I have a new Apple iPod Touch with HD video camera - I can video lights wherever I go!

Here's the first lot:

Twin 18w T8
Five 58w T8 and One 65w T12
Single 20w T12 as seen in this picture
Twin 18w T8 @EOL

Happy viewing ;)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Preheat Blinkage « Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 09:23:56 AM » Author: dor123
In your first video, the starters glows an intensive blue color, means that they have a mystery gas in them.
Also, they severe overdrives the electrodes during the preheating, that may cause early failure.
In your last video, both tubes have reached EOL, because both of them strobing.
The good tube should be flash different then the bad one.
Generally, i'm not love the preheat blinkage of fluorescent lamps operated with glow starters (Especially if they're in a large number of lamps), and this is one reason why i more love electronic starters instead, or HF ballasts that have low loss and have no humming and have flicker free operation and starting.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: Preheat Blinkage « Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 10:59:56 PM » Author: DieselNut
I love preheat/switchstart.  The blinking does not bother me at all.  It is actually quite interesting to me.  LOL  Can't beat the reliability of preheat gear!

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

sparkie

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Preheat Blinkage « Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 06:29:32 PM » Author: sparkie
Here's some more:

Some 70w T8's (Beware: Contains some HF)
A load of 13w T5 Thorns
slipperypete

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Preheat Blinkage « Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 03:36:01 PM » Author: slipperypete
I love it!

Bulb bans = Fascism

slipperypete

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Preheat Blinkage « Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 01:18:58 AM » Author: slipperypete
Preheats have always been my absolute favorite. My grandpa built his shop in 64 and used preheats. When I was a kid I used to flip the light switch off and on repeatedly. It would drive my dad nuts.

Bulb bans = Fascism

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Preheat Blinkage « Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 01:04:08 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Could you start a EOL tube manually and then run it without a starter and the tube will run normally?

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

adamrvlx

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Preheat Blinkage « Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 01:59:10 PM » Author: adamrvlx
the videos are unavailable, can you repair it please?
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies