Author Topic: What Would Look Better Than The LED Street Lights  (Read 1864 times)
GE101R
What Would Look Better Than The LED Street Lights « on: September 27, 2019, 02:34:58 PM » Author: GE101R
Than the LED thin absolutely non aesthetic street lights.
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What Would Look Better Than The LED Street Lights « Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 11:22:21 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
They make these in led versions. Personally I prefer HPS or mv over led any day though.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Would Look Better Than The LED Street Lights « Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 12:21:37 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
they have been using the LED versions of these retro tear drops here in town and I actually like them ! The brightness is decent with very little glare . From a distance you can't tell between MH and LED . I'ts rather obvious up close as you can see the 3 diodes through the refractor.

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Would Look Better Than The LED Street Lights « Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 01:13:08 AM » Author: tolivac
Ceramic metal halide and the shorter arc HPS lamps-"comfort",or "Deluxe".
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Would Look Better Than The LED Street Lights « Reply #4 on: September 28, 2019, 02:42:02 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
They upgraded a bunch of HPS to LED for fixtures like this in a community not too far from me.  They look pretty good.  3000k color, better than the MH that they were and much better than HPS. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Would Look Better Than The LED Street Lights « Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 02:58:19 AM » Author: Ash
LED lanterns are out there for nearly a decade now, and i am yet to see the long promised one which light quality is better or at least comes anywhere close to that of HID

It would be nice lantern for HID but being LED it doesnt stand out from the lot of all other LED lanterns
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What Would Look Better Than The LED Street Lights « Reply #6 on: September 28, 2019, 09:34:37 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
LED lanterns are out there for nearly a decade now, and i am yet to see the long promised one which light quality is better or at least comes anywhere close to that of HID

It would be nice lantern for HID but being LED it doesnt stand out from the lot of all other LED lanterns

I can tell LED and metal halide apart quite easily.

LED light is very cold. There is no warmth what so ever to it. Even though you cannot actually feel the heat of hid when it's far away I can certainly tell it's there. Even with cold looking light sources like uncoated mercury vapor.. I think it is maybe the infrared light that makes them nice

Personally speaking I think HID puts off a much more welcoming light even if it has low cri or weird colors.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 09:41:52 PM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

A2ZAlarms

View Posts
View Gallery

UCn-UWLJRLZh8NA46vkc1jSQ A2Z Alarms
Re: What Would Look Better Than The LED Street Lights « Reply #7 on: November 05, 2019, 07:22:03 PM » Author: A2ZAlarms
In my town they use alot of cold colored LEDs, it would be cool if they could develop a warm colored led. (pun intended) but I don't think the technology is there yet for led street lights. as a side note, led lights would look better if they were diffused by some kind of glass globe.

I don't dislike High quality led lamps, but vintage usually wins.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What Would Look Better Than The LED Street Lights « Reply #8 on: November 05, 2019, 07:49:55 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I see a mix of LED streetlights around my area, and various 'colors' 5000k/4000k/3000k. The cooler-colors are really fine for outdoor lighting (and actually do look on green life) but I also quite like the warmer-colored ones. One of the main issues I ssee is some of those LED lights are real glarebombs...

--------------
MV will always be my favorite though. (and SOX second)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What Would Look Better Than The LED Street Lights « Reply #9 on: November 07, 2019, 09:28:44 PM » Author: Cole D.
To me the LED teardrops, that were mentioned as well as the acorn style post tops look nice. AEL makes the Contempo UFO style post tops in both HID and LED and I think these look really good too. For cobras Cooper has a few of the cobras in LED which look just like the HID ones. Too bad I don't see any around.

For NEMAs, I think the AEL you have and the GE 201SA copy look best. Again, can't tell they are LED.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies