Author Topic: 1kw HPS/MH Ballast wiring help and can this run MV  (Read 2088 times)
Bulbhead500w

View Posts
View Gallery
120 Volt/60 Hertz

1kw HPS/MH Ballast wiring help and can this run MV « on: September 25, 2019, 02:45:08 AM » Author: Bulbhead500w
What was this ballast used for.
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 1kw HPS/MH Ballast wiring help and can this run MV « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 05:59:19 AM » Author: Medved
You would have to double check the nominal arc current: If the MV has about the same (MV could have 25% higher or 10% lower rating than these lamps) as the rated lamps, it will work, of ocurse with the ignitor disconnected.

No more selfballasted c***

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 1kw HPS/MH Ballast wiring help and can this run MV « Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 09:12:53 AM » Author: Rommie
You would have to double check the nominal arc current: If the MV has about the same (MV could have 25% higher or 10% lower rating than these lamps) as the rated lamps, it will work, of ocurse with the ignitor disconnected.
Hmmm, I'm thinking the other way around. I have a 1kW MV ballast (7.5A current on 240V), I'm wondering if I could run an HPS or MH lamp on it, with a suitable ignitor of course.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: 1kw HPS/MH Ballast wiring help and can this run MV « Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 09:57:59 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Technically it will run both, but it would under run the SON by about 3 amp?

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies