Author Topic: YOUR Engine Sounds  (Read 19362 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #30 on: January 30, 2020, 07:51:10 AM » Author: suzukir122
@589, I'll definitely stay tuned! I'm on vacation for the next 6 days/nights. In between this extra time, I will be
creating a new video showing a cold start of my car and bike, in my garage.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #31 on: February 01, 2020, 02:49:03 PM » Author: CEB1993
Here’s a complete take of my 2004 VW Jetta engine sound and exhaust note. The car was dead as a door nail after sitting for about a month, so this is shortly after a jump start. I drove a 40 mile round trip to get the battery recharged and now it’s as good as new. The old Jetta is still going strong  ;)

The exhaust note definitely sounds raspy and has a little “rumble” as opposed to my Subaru’s smoother sounding “purr.” No rev limiter, so I could hit redline while in park. Up past 5000 rpm, there’s a hint of a turbo whine even though it’s not the 1.8 turbo model. It’s not the fastest car, but it sounds amazing when pushed hard!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LMraxp7-wdI
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 02:51:29 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #32 on: February 01, 2020, 03:10:05 PM » Author: suzukir122
@CEB1993, that sounds nice lol... to be honest, it does sound a lot like my car at higher RPM's. My car
has the rev limiter though, so I can't really show that. I might try and make a video this Sunday or Monday
of my car and my bike, IF I'm able to. As of now, it's not looking all that likely, but we will see!
@CEB1993, I keep thinking you sold that Jetta

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #33 on: February 01, 2020, 03:41:46 PM » Author: CEB1993
@CEB1993, that sounds nice lol... to be honest, it does sound a lot like my car at higher RPM's. My car
has the rev limiter though, so I can't really show that. I might try and make a video this Sunday or Monday
of my car and my bike, IF I'm able to. As of now, it's not looking all that likely, but we will see!
@CEB1993, I keep thinking you sold that Jetta

I still have it! With the hail damage and salvage title, the car is unfortunately not worth very much and possibly illegal to sell. I haven’t been in a huge hurry to sell it, but when I do, I hope it goes to someone local so I can see it out and about in town sometimes.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #34 on: February 01, 2020, 04:03:14 PM » Author: suzukir122
Me personally, @CEB1993, I hope you don't sell it. lol you might be able to repair it and get it back
up and running/do some customizations to it to make it even better. Maybe even add a turbo...?
The Jetta is definitely a nice car

Interests:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #35 on: February 23, 2020, 10:58:21 PM » Author: suzukir122
I finally made a cold start video of my car, and my bike. I failed to pop the hood of the car though,
which means there will be a third video coming soon.
Anyways, check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAKaRRUob6U

Also -- note the sound my bike makes a minute after I shut the engine off... I've always thought it
was the fuel pump making that strange dialing sound. Is it?

Interests:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #36 on: February 24, 2020, 08:58:06 AM » Author: CEB1993
I finally made a cold start video of my car, and my bike. I failed to pop the hood of the car though,
which means there will be a third video coming soon.
Anyways, check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAKaRRUob6U

Also -- note the sound my bike makes a minute after I shut the engine off... I've always thought it
was the fuel pump making that strange dialing sound. Is it?

Nice video! GM is amazing at building quality engines. This one sounds really smooth and refined, similar to what’s used in the Chevrolet Impala and some Buick sedans. It’s a shame Pontiac was totally discontinued because they made some legendary cars like the GTO back in the day!

That Triumph bike is gorgeous! Love the supercharged-like sound. The RPM’s go all the way to 14, that’s intense!  I don’t know as much about motorcycles, but one of my friend’s brothers has a Suzuki bike that’s a beautiful machine too. Makes me want to expand my knowledge.

I’m not sure what that sound is after you turn off the Triumph. Could be as simple as a belt or other moving part expanding or contracting. Maybe it’s unused gas being pushed back into the tank by the fuel pump.

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #37 on: February 24, 2020, 04:27:41 PM » Author: suzukir122
@CEB1993, yeah I'm a little surprised that, after all this time, my Pontiac G6 still sounds so smooth. (Although
there is DEFINITELY an exhaust leak in there somewhere.) Sounds smooth, but that check engine light
needs some attention. I think the check engine light could be because of the gas cap put in incorrectly one day.
I have no idea lol

As for the Daytona, that bike typically sounds smoother than my car, but mainly when it's at temperature lol
I love the high pitched scream as well. Sounds so much better when it's actually on the road. I'll be uploading
a video of me on the road with it soon, as well as some *safe, Speed Limit based* passes. That bike is very, very fast.
I think you're right about the fuel pump. Apparently a lot of engines do this. With some engines you can hear it,
but with most you can't.
I also have to make a video of me on the road with the G6.
My engine sound videos are still incomplete, so I'll be filming more in the future. Still have to show the
engine of the Pontiac G6 as well.

Interests:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #38 on: February 27, 2020, 08:42:23 PM » Author: suzukir122
Just a quick update... check engine light shown in my video inside my Pontiac G6, is now off. It may have been activated
by the gas cap not properly installed.

Interests:

Proteus

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #39 on: March 25, 2020, 07:20:34 PM » Author: Proteus
Please, excuse me for no video in this post, but as I have seen this post, I really need to dig the video out of first running up my E39 BMW 540i, after replacing the timing chain of this M62B44TU engine, without exhaust pipes. Probably my best ever heard V8 sound! I will dig it out, for sure!!

My friends were already looking a bit strange to me when I played the video clip off my smartphone in the living room  :lol: :lol: :lol:

NOOO I found it and directly had to upload two videos:

https://youtu.be/cCABn8tIDtk

https://youtu.be/dYajmfaToPk
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #40 on: March 25, 2020, 07:39:35 PM » Author: suzukir122
Ahhh... @Proteus. Nice grumble from that BMW. Plus it's a BMW! I've always liked that company and hope to someday own
a BMW in the future. Maybe something like the 540i, or the M3!!
Your car sounds much better than my Pontiac G6. Sounded like it was gonna cut out though in the second video. What's up with that?
But yeah I saw a little bit of gold rims in the first video... looks as if that car might look good as well.  8;)

Interests:

Proteus

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #41 on: March 26, 2020, 07:51:03 AM » Author: Proteus
Ahhh... @Proteus. Nice grumble from that BMW. Plus it's a BMW! I've always liked that company and hope to someday own
a BMW in the future. Maybe something like the 540i, or the M3!!
Your car sounds much better than my Pontiac G6. Sounded like it was gonna cut out though in the second video. What's up with that?
But yeah I saw a little bit of gold rims in the first video... looks as if that car might look good as well.  8;)

Thanks for your comment :)

In my opinion, a V8 engine sounds absolutely best compared to everything else. Then on the second place are the I5 engines (to which as well my green Volvo V70 belongs, visible in the first video as well). I6 or V6 sounds nice as well, but I don't know why I prefer the five-cylinder more than the six-bangers... But if you are thinking of buying a BMW, I would not buy an M3. In a 5-series, you have more space (mine is as well a Touring), and almost all these M3 drivers over here have some kind of a strange, bad reputation, like driving with 6k RPM and 50mph through the market street on a Sunday at 11 AM - You know what I mean? Is it the same in your country?

The rims just look a bit golden in the first video, in real, they are in silver color - And deserved to be cleaned then. This video was made after around two weeks working on this car for that timing chain replacement - And i had just time in the evening after work or weekend. Additionally it was the first time for me to do such a big job on an engine :)

What do you exactly mean with "cut out" through the video? That the engine seems to hesitate a very little bit while pushing the throttle before it revs up? If you mean this, it's clearly because this thing has two exhaust pipes running from the cylinder heads until the rear axle, where both pipes are flowing together: Now, I removed the rest of the exhaust just on this point where both downpipes reach the deepest points under the engine. At this point, there is on each downpipe one Lambda sensor (oxygen sensor) before the pre-catalytic converter. After this point, I removed the exhaust - Which contents the second catalytic converter and another oxygen sensor after all that. This was missing - That's why the engine behaves a bit "strange" in this video. Simply, the ECU is missing some important information to run it smooth and with power, but it keeps the engine running somehow.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #42 on: March 26, 2020, 10:09:01 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Proteus, ohhh... that makes sense. It sounded more like a hesitation, not cutting out. Bad choice of wording on my part. My bad!
But yeah I'm a fan of V8 sounds too. Absolutely! I'm not much of a fan of the V6 sound though. It can sound nice, but in certain cars.
(I owned a V6 2 door Pontiac Grand Prix back in 2012. I have that video and I will post it soon. No engine sound though.)
I had a "Flow-Master" exhaust installed onto it, but for some stupid reason I didn't start the car in the video.
Overall, the sound of that V6 was okay, but it was nothing compared to your BMW 540i.
Regarding space and the M3, I do want the M3, but not as my only car. I plan on owning at least 3 cars.
I plan on also owning more than just one motorcycle as well. (Several motorcycles) Each bike will be more powerful than the last.

When I get the chance I will upload a video of my pontiac G6 showing the engine, and my Pontiac G6 out on the road, as well as the Daytona,
just to keep this thread alive!  8)

Interests:

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #43 on: March 26, 2020, 10:10:08 AM » Author: takemorepills
Hey Proteus,

Funny you should mention I5. I used to own one of the "weirdest" I5's ever made, an Acura Vigor, aka Honda Inspire in Europe. It had a 2.5l I5.
The only time Honda ever made an I5. Very unique engine.

And I agree with you on the V8. Especially on "smaller" cars where they stuff a V8 into it. Like a 3 or 5 series, C or E class, or Infiniti M56.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #44 on: March 26, 2020, 10:31:40 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Takemorepills, I've always been a fan of V8's in smaller cars as well. Especially if the car is noticeably
smaller, to the point where one would assume a 4 cylinder engine might be in it or something.

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies