Author Topic: YOUR Engine Sounds  (Read 19399 times)
Proteus

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #45 on: March 26, 2020, 01:11:58 PM » Author: Proteus
@suzukir122: No problem, but I got what you mean :) When I did a little drive (the place was near a very small town, so nobody really disturbed), it was absolutely noticeable that the ECU was reducing the power to a very low level, to protect the engine. It made an almost horrible noise while accelerating, but there was no power at all. But the whole car was vibrating :)

@takemorepills: Sounds very interesting about your Honda I5, I never heard about this engine! Need to find some information about this, as soon as I find time for! Thanks for the hint.
I always wanted an I5 as a child, so I was thinking about a Golf IV with the (even more special) VR5 engine, but a VW Golf was too common and had not enough space for me. So then I chose a Volvo V70 with the 2.3L I5 Turbo engine, pushes as well 239HP and around 350NM - That's enough on our streets ;)

I like V8s as well in "smaller" cars, true! If somebody asks me if my BMW has a four cylinder engine, I will surely say: YES, but in two rows and an angle of 90 degrees :D :D
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #46 on: March 26, 2020, 03:24:14 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
And I agree with you on the V8. Especially on "smaller" cars where they stuff a V8 into it. Like a 3 or 5 series, C or E class, or Infiniti M56.
Now this is our idea of a small car with a V8 engine.!  :love: ;D

This is definitely one of the cars for our 'list'  :love: :love: :love: :love:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #47 on: March 26, 2020, 06:49:11 PM » Author: suzukir122
I had both of my vehicles out on the road today. Today, here in Ohio, was a great day. 70 degrees and partly cloudy earlier
in the day. I got a good highway run on my bike today, and also my car.
I keep forgetting how scary the acceleration is on the Daytona. It makes my car feel very, very slow.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Proteus

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #48 on: April 25, 2020, 02:31:48 PM » Author: Proteus
Now I‘ve got two new vids of my BMW engine. I had to take the exhaust off to have a look to the drive shaft (how it‘s called in English, the „Kardanwelle“? 1 It‘s a rear wheel druve car and because of this it needs this shaft).
First Video is just idle running about 550rpm, and second is some reving of the warned up eninge. I love it!

https://youtu.be/-jksYPh_iMs

https://youtu.be/lAw2y1bsCkg
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #49 on: April 25, 2020, 07:08:24 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Proteus... nice.  8) That thing has a nice growl to it. Almost sounds like a Nascar engine that's at low RPM lol
I bet it's much louder than what the camera can pick up through the mic. Nice sounds man!

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #50 on: April 29, 2020, 12:21:20 AM » Author: ace100w120v
One I've come to love is the classic diesel clatter of the old NHC250 naturally aspirated Cummins.  I associate it with the early-mid '80s era M939 series 5 ton 6x6 army trucks. That, coupled with a hard-shifting Allison MT654CR automatic and a drafty cab based on 1920s technology and the notoriously rough ride those vehicles have is something I've come to strongly identiify with, to the point of joking with someone awhile back that "It's like the song of our people".  I could happily be stuck with one as my daily driver, even when many lifted pickups or even flatbed trucks are irritatingly uncomfortable. 
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #51 on: April 29, 2020, 12:42:03 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Ace100w120v, what vehicle do you currently have? If you have any Diesel pick-ups/Trucks, Hemi pick-ups/trucks, Semi Trucks or anything relevant,
please share it! Get it running on video! That's what this thread is all about. lol. Doesn't matter the engine, anything goes.

Interests:

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #52 on: May 02, 2020, 01:18:23 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Currently I have an old army truck later converted to forest service brush tanker fire truck that doesn't currently run.  Hopefully it will within a year or two. 
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #53 on: July 27, 2020, 03:59:33 PM » Author: suzukir122
More engine sounds:
Here's a quick video of my car and my bike while rolling. My little brother (RT Spacer on YouTube) filmed the video of me on my bike through Dashcam.
The second part of this video is actually much longer, but I shortened it significantly. I have the rest of the video for those who care to see it.
Anyways, here's the two video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E17KtaL_so

Interests:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #54 on: December 08, 2020, 03:10:54 PM » Author: suzukir122
My motorcycle battery is dead, so I decided to record the sounds of my fuel pump and exhaust valve upon start up.

New battery is on the way, but for now, this is all it does: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuK-mjkNx88

Interests:

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #55 on: December 09, 2020, 01:53:36 AM » Author: tolivac
Motor sounds for me--startup of large electric motors-lots on YouTube,Huge diesels-the generator at work-and gas turbine engines as used on airplanes.Again lots of these on YouTube.Those same "jet" engines get "recycled" for power gneration,ship propulsion,water pumps,Natural gas compressors when they reach their service hours from aircraft use.LOTS of former aircraft engines now doing other jobs!
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #56 on: December 09, 2020, 11:12:14 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Tolivac, that's cool man! Do you own any of these? Any engine sounds from vehicles you own? If so, get it on video/post it here  8)

Interests:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #57 on: December 09, 2020, 03:07:18 PM » Author: suzukir122
So my motorcycle ALMOST fired up today, but it needs a new battery. I checked the battery and it's incredibly dusty,
with plenty of spider webs around it. The side of it has a very slight bulge.
The engine didn't start at all, but the alternator attempted this time, unlike in my video I linked in my previous comment.
Probably because it's warmer outside today.
My car also has some trouble starting, and a new battery for it is possibly needed as well. That sucks since I just replaced
the battery a little over a year ago.

Interests:

thorncollector

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #58 on: December 09, 2020, 04:42:26 PM » Author: thorncollector
i have a 1900 tdi golf bkc engine, much as i would love the sound of a turbocharged 4 cyl or v6/v8 economy has to be it now - i get nearly 100 miles to 10 pounds of diesel
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #59 on: December 09, 2020, 05:10:41 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Thorncollector, nice. You should get it on video and post it here! Sounds interesting

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies