Author Topic: Why do people register and then never use the site..?  (Read 1556 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Why do people register and then never use the site..? « on: October 05, 2019, 07:03:32 PM » Author: Rommie
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't immediately find anything, so I just thought I'd ask anyway.

Why do people register for an account on the site and then never use it..? Looking at the membership list there are now 1200 registered users, but there are pages and pages of people who have never made a single post in the forum. I do understand that the post count doesn't record gallery images, but picking a random selection of a dozen members with zero posts who have joined since the beginning of this year, only two of them have ever logged on since registering, and of those two, only one has posted any photos.

What gives..? I know I'm a mouthy cow (hence the number of my posts  :D) but why register on a site and then not make any use of it..? I don't get it  ???
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 07:08:44 PM by sox35 » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why do people register and then never use the site..? « Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 07:34:01 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
There will always be a ton more people who want to observe vs post.  Also, while searching for a photo on google of certain type of lamps, this site will come up so they may register thinking they will need to to view more photos or something like that.  Don't let it get to ya.  This is common on all types of forums. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Why do people register and then never use the site..? « Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 07:39:16 PM » Author: Rommie
There will always be a ton more people who want to observe vs post.  Also, while searching for a photo on google of certain type of lamps, this site will come up so they may register thinking they will need to to view more photos or something like that.  Don't let it get to ya.  This is common on all types of forums. 
Oh I agree, but you can view the majority of photos without registering, it's only if someone has made their albums only viewable by members that you have to log on to see them, and even then you can still read forum posts.
An awful lot of people seem to register and then never log on again. It doesn't bother me as such, it just strikes me as rather odd. You'd think they'd visit once or twice before thinking "this isn't for me"  ???

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why do people register and then never use the site..? « Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 02:45:44 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Lighting is something that interests very few out there.  Just us ADHD/OCD type I suppose.  Rare breed.

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why do people register and then never use the site..? « Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 09:24:25 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Not trying to sound Mr. Conspiracy Theory but it wouldn't be the first time various "agencies" have monitored what people do on line ! There was a guy at work who got fired for calling the company "a bunch of mindless sheep" (along with other things I won't repeat) on his Facebook page .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Why do people register and then never use the site..? « Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 12:04:34 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Its not just here, people do the same thing on other sites too.  I think its pretty common. (why they bother making an account, I do not know)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Why do people register and then never use the site..? « Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 08:17:10 AM » Author: Rommie
Its not just here, people do the same thing on other sites too.  I think its pretty common. (why they bother making an account, I do not know)
That's what I was wondering about. With most of the site visible to anyone, why bother registering and then never log on again..? Weird  ???

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Why do people register and then never use the site..? « Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 08:27:26 AM » Author: Rommie
Not trying to sound Mr. Conspiracy Theory but it wouldn't be the first time various "agencies" have monitored what people do on line !

Possibly, but they'd still have to log in to see anything only visible to members, which at the end of the day isn't much. Not many of the users make their albums members only.

There was a guy at work who got fired for calling the company "a bunch of mindless sheep" (along with other things I won't repeat) on his Facebook page .
The only thing I can say to that is idiot..! I will never understand why people sound off on places like that, they must know people are watching. I've lost count of the number of crooks I've seen on the news caught when the cops check their "social media" (ye gods I hate that expression..!) accounts. ::)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies