Author Topic: NEMA dummy link plug  (Read 173 times)
sox35

View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

NEMA dummy link plug « on: October 09, 2019, 03:52:04 PM » Author: sox35
Saw one of these online and would rather like a few as I don't really need photocells, and it's easier than messing around rewiring to bypass the photocell socket. Also might be able to fit a switch in one.

Anyone have any or know where I can get some..?

Thanks  Smiley

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end  Smiley

LampLover

View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: NEMA dummy link plug « Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 06:12:26 PM » Author: LampLover
I don't know where you can get one where you are located but try searching for the term "Shorting Cap" (If you want the fixture to be lit as long as it has power) or "Open Cap" (if you don't the light on at all) but it looks like you want a "Shorting Cap"

LED Free Zone!
All For HID and old-school electronic Only

sox35

View Gallery

Re: NEMA dummy link plug « Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 08:03:27 AM » Author: sox35
I don't know where you can get one where you are located but try searching for the term "Shorting Cap" (If you want the fixture to be lit as long as it has power) or "Open Cap" (if you don't the light on at all) but it looks like you want a "Shorting Cap"
Thanks, if I had any spares I would take the electronics out and simply short the terminals, but I don't, and I'm not buying a brand new one just to do that..! Which is a thought, does anyone have any dead photocells they don't want..?

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end  Smiley

joseph_125

View Gallery

GoL
Re: NEMA dummy link plug « Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 06:43:29 PM » Author: joseph_125
I've made them before using some residential grade PCs by opening them up and taping up the photoeye in them. Works like a charm and was cheaper than buying actual shorting caps since the PCs I got were around $2-5 each. Before I made those I used to bypass the PC socket.
WestinghouseCeramalux

View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: NEMA dummy link plug « Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 07:27:24 PM » Author: WestinghouseCeramalux
Thanks, if I had any spares I would take the electronics out and simply short the terminals, but I don't, and I'm not buying a brand new one just to do that..! Which is a thought, does anyone have any dead photocells they don't want..?

Are your PC's the same as ours here in North America? I'm used to electrical parts not being interchangeable.

Your mission - should you choose to accept it - is to save unique and rare HID lighting before it's all scrapped.

sox35

View Gallery

Re: NEMA dummy link plug « Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 07:56:55 AM » Author: sox35
Are your PC's the same as ours here in North America? I'm used to electrical parts not being interchangeable.
That I don't know, I've never really used photocells before. The sockets are standard though, I think.

Ria in Aberdeen

Danny

View Gallery

Re: NEMA dummy link plug « Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 10:20:20 AM » Author: Danny
Here
sox35

View Gallery

Re: NEMA dummy link plug « Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 10:30:12 AM » Author: sox35
Thanks  Smiley

Ria in Aberdeen

Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines