Author Topic: Mercury and Metal Halide Switchouts  (Read 4651 times)
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Mercury and Metal Halide Switchouts « on: December 15, 2008, 12:15:07 PM » Author: lightman64
in my gym they have 750 watt mercury high bay lights. when they go out (which they do often) they are replaced with metal halide of the same wattage? can this be done?

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

form109
Re: Mercury and Metal Halide Switchouts « Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 05:43:59 PM » Author: form109
750,hmmh sounds like self ballasted lamp.
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Mercury and Metal Halide Switchouts « Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 04:48:30 AM » Author: Silverliner
A 750w mercury lamp does not exist, do you mean a 400w, 700w, or 1000w MV?

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mercury and Metal Halide Switchouts « Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 04:13:54 PM » Author: lightman64
either 700w or 1000w

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Mercury and Metal Halide Switchouts « Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 10:40:00 PM » Author: FGS
Could you mean 750w Metal Halide? They are available in pulse start.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mercury and Metal Halide Switchouts « Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 05:05:13 PM » Author: lightman64
i don't know what they are maybe a incorrectly labeled breaker?

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Mercury and Metal Halide Switchouts « Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 09:01:24 PM » Author: Foxtronix
If this 750 is on the breaker, it can be the wattage of all the system (lamp+ballast). If so a 700W seems the right wattage.

lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mercury and Metal Halide Switchouts « Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 06:16:23 PM » Author: lightman64
thats what it is a 700 watt MH high bay light (Or possibly 1000 watt). it looked like MV because the older bulbs are coated and more dim.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Mercury and Metal Halide Switchouts « Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 11:53:20 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
there are no 700 watt MH lamps.....the 700 MV lamps has been LOOONG discontinued.....like in the early 80s or so

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mercury and Metal Halide Switchouts « Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 07:40:55 PM » Author: lightman64
they are 1000 watt MH lamps. i just checked another breaker today.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Mercury and Metal Halide Switchouts « Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 08:55:55 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Are you saying they are as LOT brighter and BIGGER than the lights you see in the highbays in Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowes, and most stores with high bays?

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mercury and Metal Halide Switchouts « Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 04:11:16 PM » Author: lightman64
yes they are much bigger. plus, the 1000 watt bulbs have a distinct shape.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies