Author Topic: Should I be ashamed to say that I like LED's?  (Read 4094 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Should I be ashamed to say that I like LED's? « Reply #30 on: October 09, 2021, 02:14:52 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Exactly, even if there were only subtle differences between the old and new fixtures I would know that they were different.  >:( :curse:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Should I be ashamed to say that I like LED's? « Reply #31 on: October 09, 2021, 02:17:30 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Plus , the beam pattern would be totally different between the two .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Should I be ashamed to say that I like LED's? « Reply #32 on: October 09, 2021, 02:35:42 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I hadn't thought of that aspect to it, plus  there might be a difference in colour temperature. :wndr:

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Should I be ashamed to say that I like LED's? « Reply #33 on: October 09, 2021, 02:39:50 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Regardless , the new trims mean the lamps are now replaceable and I control what they look like . If I want a different color temp or want to install RGB lamps or whatever  , it can be done cheap and easy by just changing a lamp .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Should I be ashamed to say that I like LED's? « Reply #34 on: October 11, 2021, 12:03:49 AM » Author: mefurd98
You shouldn't be ashamed. I use mostly LEDs around the house now with some halogen exceptions. I've converted the fluorescent fixtures in the garage to LED because the fluorescent tubes were a pain to start because it is so humid here most of the year, and have also converted the fixture in the laundry room to LED. LED is perfect for general purpose lighting. On the other hand, I do not believe LED is a good option for street lighting and large area lighting, that's where HID should remain supreme as I use mercury vapor and high pressure sodium fixtures to light my yard.
I probably would not be as opposed to LED as I am in some cases if they were not forced on us and let people choose what kind of lighting they want.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Should I be ashamed to say that I like LED's? « Reply #35 on: October 11, 2021, 07:55:24 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I think that's a view that a lot of those opposed to L*D share...  :wndr:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies